1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Europe - amex

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by shifter, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those of you from Europe, we're visiting Brussels and Paris next month. How many places will I find that take amex? I'd like to get delta miles as much as possible but if most places don't take it, I don't want to bother asking everywhere we go.

2. redsdog

redsdog Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Shifter

Amex is not taken as widely in Europe as in the US from what I have seen. That said I was in Paris last year and had no problems using the Amex at most stores especially anything higher end.

There are still some places that dont take it - I might be wrong but I think they charge the store a slightly higher fee for people using amex as opposed to Visa etc.

Its not as bad as it used to be - very few places in the UK used to take it and now i'd say 75% do.

Never been to Brussels so cant help there

Hope that helps.

Reds

3. Elvira

Elvira Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Paris and Brussel i could just the amex card only in high end stores. The normal stores and restaurants only accepts visa and mastercard. Amex is not well known in Europe.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.