1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Picasso v. Michael Mina v. Le Cirque

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by DK528, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DK528

DK528 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Obviously everyone's tastebuds are different but I'm curious if anyone has a preference for or would recommend Picasso vs. Michael Mina vs. Le Cirque? I'm going next week and want to try one of them. Thanks!

2. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

I haven't eaten at Picasso, but I have dined at Michael Mina and Le Cirque. I prefer Le Cirque. Service was excellent at both, but I enjoyed the meal at Le Cirque more. Short of the lobster pot pie dishes were better executed.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Le Cirque if you prefer French food or Picasso if you don't. Michael Mina isn't even in the same league as these two.

4. Blacklegs22

Blacklegs22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mostly agree with the above statement

Another consideration is: "Do you enjoy Picasso's art?" If you're a big fan of Picasso (such as myself) your experience will be greatly enhanced and Julian Serranos' culinary masterpieces will taste that much better. Bottom Line: There are some spectacular museum quality pieces at Picassos. If you can "take or leave" the artwork, the decision becomes a bit trickier, but I'd still give it to Picasso's by a nose.

5. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of those 3 I've only eaten at Picasso. The food was delicious, but it wasn't super challenging. Depending on your point of view that could be a good or a bad thing. If you're a hardcore foodie, you'll most likely enjoy your meal, but feel a little bored. However, if you're newer to haute cuisine (or a picky eater) you're not going to feel overwhelmed.

Also, out of those restaurants you picked I think Picasso is the most highly decorated. For instance, it is the only restaurant out of those 3 to earn a second michelin star. Also, it earned the Forbes AAA Five Diamond Award (so did Le Cirque).

I'll also add - Picasso has a cool/romantic view of the bellagio fountains.

Picasso has a strong French influence along with Spanish.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Le Cirque has a view of the fountains also.

7. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have eaten at both P and LeC. I remember being so impressed with P's decor. The food was excellent, but the decor took my breath away. I ate at LeC for the second time in May and was more impressed with the food this time. We had the tasting menu so we were able to branch out and try things we would not have ordered normally.

That meal will always be memorable. Both had lovely views of the fountains and both are very, very expensive.

8. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's cool. I didn't know that. I'm not a huge fan of the B fountains, so I was surprised how much I enjoyed them when I dined at Picasso.

I should have added to my earlier poster- I don't think you can go wrong with any of your picks. However, like shifter noted, Le Cirque and Picasso are in a different class in terms of dining.

9. DK528

DK528 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, all. Will report back with a short TR after my trip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.