1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Has anyone here tried Double Action Roulette at the M Resort?

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by ardee, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not looking for naysayers who talk about house advantage and/or how it's a sucker's game, blah blah blah. :nono:

I just want to know if anyone here has played and what you thought of the game. Did you have a good time? Find it entertaining? Win anything?

We'll be visiting in a few weeks for an invitational VP tournament (hubster was invited and I'm tagging along) and I'm interested in those who have actually played Double Action Roulette and what you thought of it.

Here's a link if you're interested. http://www.themresort.com/gaming/tablegames_roulette.html

Thanks. :beer:

2. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a huge roulette player. That advertisment just made my blood get flowing! I'd love to see how that works. Wow, how cool. I've never heard of it. Please let us know how it goes!

3. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm interested in it too, Tellafriend! :wave:

Looks like it could be fun under the righ circumstances. When all the stars align (and with a nice cocktail to wash it all down). :wink2:

I'm definitely budgeting some money to play.
    This is because I'm so giving and want to report my findings back to the board (for scientific purposes, of course). :angel:

I'll let you know how it goes.

4. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome. I look forward to your report. I love hitting big licks. Last trip to Aria I had roughly $800 on 29 and $400 slipt 29 and 32. Then at the last minute I felt "it" and put $1000 on 28 and 29 split and $500 on 29 and 32 split. Boooom. 29 winner!

5. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome(r)! I know what you mean by "feeling it". Somehow, that feeling you speak of, never ceases to let me down.
    I only get it once in a while but I know when it's there and I go with it and win every time. At least, so far. :evillaugh

Hmmm...29. Gotta write that down. Sounds lucky. :wink2:

6. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well, ii'm not sure if its

the devil's number, but when 29 comes, so do I :)

7. Vegas Dave

Vegas Dave Newbie

I can't even do the math on that, how much did you come up?!

8. Stacks O. Purple

Stacks O. Purple Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that's a touch over $60k.

9. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not understanding if he put $1000 and $500 on top of existing bet of $800 and $400.
    If the last bet was $1000 on a split and $500 on a split. It would have paid out about 17:1 on each.

It should be about $25,500.

Regarding the double roulette, I'm going to have to check that out next weekend.

10. Stacks O. Purple

Stacks O. Purple Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The way I read it, he had $800 on 29 straight-up and then an additional $1900 on splits of 29.

11. 1ArmedBandit

1ArmedBandit Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Payouts on Double Action roulette

Wouldn't you rather be playing a $1000 slot machine....?

What are the odds of hitting the same number on both wheels, astronomical to none whatsoever? Not to compare, but some of the $1000 denom slots at Aria, Bellagio and elsewhere have max payouts ranging from 1000x to 1600x ($1.6 M on a 1-credit $1000 bet).

$5000 denom payouts suck in comparison... the RWB $5000 1-credit is only $1.25 Mil max, on a R-W-B seven combo, or 250x line bet. And the $1000 5-line double Gold next to it is worse. $1.2 Mil only for a Red7-Double R7-Double R7 (240x).

Must be for suckers only...not even 1000x, let alone 1500x or 2000x :Þ

12. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, I wouldn't rather be playing a $1000 slot machine. :rolleyes2:

Thanks, anyway.

13. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, a little over $60k as I recall. The original bet was going to pay roughly $35k. Then I added another $1500 at 17 x 1 for anotherh $26.5k or so, for a little over $60k. Its a hell of a feeling. Imagine what it feels like when you repeat it?!?! It happens, and makes roulette players out of all of us!

14. Groog

Groog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd be curious to see if there are different limits for the double action roulette similar to sic-bo.

Sic-bo has a 180:1 payout on 3 dice being the same. It doesn't happen often but regularly enough that one could progress on it and they curtail that by limiting the bet to $5 or something.

Most the payouts are all maxed out to equal the same, I have a feeling this type of roulette will be similar. If Even money bets are maxed at $5000 and straight up bets are $200 like many tables, then I anticipate the double number bet will be limited to $6 or similar. There is no way they will let $200 bets go for payouts of $240K.

Similarly the inside bets on craps are limited with their 30:1 payouts etc.

15. bighead1970

bighead1970 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At 17% house advantage I would even bank that game. The M has enough $$ to ride out any short term big hits. Plus the added promotion they can get out of a big hit would also help to draw in more players.

16. r00k13

r00k13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    29 is my favorite number to bet on. I love it when someone else hit that number especially with your big hit.I love it.

17. r00k13

r00k13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tellafriend have you done any trip report? I can't stay away from Roulette and love to hear your trip details with roulette.

18. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no, i haven't done any trip reports although i know i should. I tend to work a lot of hours and when i'm not working looking at a computer screen isn't high up on my list. However, i have some good stories. As you could imagine, playing roulette as hard as i do, i have had some crazy swings. years ago you would be amazed at what they would give to get me to play at the various properties. That has all changed now, well, for the most part.

19. Letter_E

Letter_E Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Figured I would dust this thread off since I was curious if anyone ever made it over to the M Resort to play this game? I forgot to make a trip over there last month while I was there, and am wondering if it's worth remembering the next time around.

20. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    should be 1 in 1,444 of hitting both.

sounds fun!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.