1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

10th Trip Anniversary July 13 - July 16 !!!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by thenuke1, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Awesome trip as always would have liked to stay longer but ill take a few days over not going at all any time !

Now if you have ever read my trip reports you know what to expect, But if you havent just be prepared to expect FRUGALNESS being treated as epic as ever could be !!!

Let get into it. :thumbsup:

Prologue

Originally we wanted to go from the 15th - 20th and i had my heart set on El Cortez Junior Cabana Suites which was offering Book 2 nights get 2 nights free. One day my lady lets me know that its a no go, she cant take a week off of work (i work for LAUSD and im on break right now =D) so back to the drawing board and we decide on the 13th -16th.

we contact our connection at Royal Resort but she tells us that she is all booked up that weekend and doesn't know why (we later found out it was for Khan Vs Garcia fight) so we look for more deals. Everytime i would look anything up the El Cortez Cabana suite was lingering in my mind. I go check it out and its 153 for 3 nights... Now remember im frugal and a low roller lol so thats a good deal but not what im looking for. I later remember that if i book 4 nights i get 2 free. I end up booking the 17th aswell and the price for 4 nights is 156 !!! now we would check out early on the 16th but that means we get late check out and no rush which is a plus !. So there you have it BOOKED !!!

UNTIL !!!! Our connect contacts us and lets us know that a room opened up so she booked us... i quickly cancel El Cortez (even though i was looking forward to that hotel) and Royal Resort it is !!!

Hotel
    Royal Resort

Food
    Main Street Station
    Fremont
    Hooters
    Chicken Now
    Mcdonalds

Gambling
    Flamingo
    MGM
    Circus Circus
    Labayou
    Las Vegas Club
    Fremont
    Binnions

Shops
    Primm Outlet
    Vegas Outlet north
    Vegas Outlet South
    Boulevard Mall
    Lovesac

Day 1

So we plan to leave at 5am but I cant sleep ! so i stay up :nono:. at around 4am i get a txt from my lady (lets call her C) that its kinda raining and she needs more sleep so she switches that time to 7am :faint: FINE ! haha

7am rolls around and shes not here... so i double and triple check everything just to make sure (last trip i forgot my dressy shoes, trip before that i forgot socks haha). I also pack a cooler with essentials for pre strip / downtown fun and make myself an energy filled juice

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8:30am and i hear honking ! FINALLY !! we load the car up and off we go! 405 to 5 to 14 !!! even had a few laughs

I love the 14 / pearlblossom route. C could do without it (mostly because she drives on the way and i drive back)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

we stop at a mcdonalds and get some breakfast

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We see the abandoned waterpark and it seems like the more time passes by more things disappear

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WE SEE THE THERMOMETER !

[​IMG]

and then the HILL

[​IMG]

We stop by Primm for C to stretch and walk into nike to look for some sandals for the pool (no i didnt forget them lol). No luck but i do find some Jordan Shorts for 9 bucks !!! orginal price 39.99 :eek:

we hit the road again 30 min away from VEGA$ !!!! WE can see the first set of billboards

[​IMG]

We make it to RR and check in ... TIRED :faint: with little sleep we actually nap from 1:30 - 3:30. Rebooted and with hunger we go for Chicken Now at the Outlets South.

[​IMG]

Taking Paradise this time around since its the weekend we know the strip is gonna be packed so we take the trip around instead. We have one of these near us in Arcadia but its just not the same... dont know what it is but Vegas location is 10 times better a bit on the pricey side for Mall food (8.99 plus 2.99 drink plus tax... thankfully they have one of those mix and match soda machines with unlimited refills) but its worth every bite

[​IMG]

Since we got to the mall a bit late they close and we eat out food outside in a bench and enjoy the view

[​IMG]

A++++. After Dinner we go to Target C needs hairspray. Afterword we Opt for downtown. Lively as always there are 2 awesome rock cover bands playing.

[​IMG]

and ofcourse the regulars by the plaza =D. Gambling Is a bust. Labayou,LVC,Binnions, Fremont are showing us no love... i blow through half my daily gambling budget and i sit back and watch C play while i order Long Islands. Since C isnt a big drinker she goes for Pineapple juice an pina coladas (virgin). After shes done losing we head back to the strip. We witness a horrible accident right infront of us. one car driving straight through a yellow light and the other making a left turn.. both hit each other nose to nose and a huge BANG is heard very bad and lots of yelling. Being a former EMT (still keep my creds active) my first instinct is to jump in and see if everyone is ok. Unfortunately C is overwhelmed with what she has just seen so i have to make sure she is ok aswell. I see someone talking on the phone so i ask if they are calling 911 , the lady says yes so theres really nothing we can do. Ive learned as a former EMT. If your not being paid and 911 has been called its best just to leave the scene 2 reasons. #1 you might be doing more bad then good for the EMS responders. #2 you could be held liable if any injuries occur after the crash....C calms down and back to driving we go. Flamingo is also a bust and i lose most except for $10... we go to harrahs but the dame slots are stingy too. I end up down the first night so we turn in and get some more sleep.

Day 2

We wake up at Noon and get ready for brunch at MSS. Ever since the first time we tried it we fell in love with it so every trip we also make it a point to stop by here. Once again MSS does not let us down. The only minor complaint is that the last time we did the brunch we were givin a cup of orange juice and a small cub of champagne to mix ourselves ... this time around the mamosas were already mixed... no biggie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Food was excellent ofcourse. On one of the pictures i stacked Pancake, French Toast, waffle together SO DELICIOUS !.

After brunch and a full belly we hit the slots. FINALLY !!! i start recouping my losses from last night. with $2 i had from the night before i hit this !

[​IMG]

and with every win as i started to do a few trips ago, i take my winnings and drive down to one of the outlets !

C is on the lookout for some good workout shoes and clothes. Im looking for under armour (or similar shirts) and Nike Shox. Since i stopped being an EMT i accepted a position with LAUSD which allows me to still use my skills aswell as be on my feet 85% of the day. Tried all kinds of novely shoes, Adidas Clima Cool Ride, Reebok Zigtech, Kswiss walkers and they all sucked. Nike Shox are great ... after 8 hours i still have energy for the after school program that i also work at. So anytime im in vegas i check for shox... anything $40 and under im talking. Lucky for my winnings i find nothing but C did so shes happy. We are also hunting for a gift for our hotel connect. We agree on a Regal gift card and now we're off to a store im looking forward to.

[​IMG]

Lovesac !. i have one of these near me but its no where near as cool as all the other ones i see online. im walking around and i ask the employee about prices and he shows me 2 items at $100 ok. Cant say the guy was rude but i also cant say he was helpfull. Maybe it was because the time was 7:30 and they close at 8pm dont know but i leave the store thinking over if i should buy the the cover for my lovesac.

so we decide to go back to the hotel and take a dip in the pool.

[​IMG]

after about an hour relaxing we dry off and get ready for the night. while C is showering i hear yelling. I look over to the balcony and see a security guy arguing with a dude thats in one of the cabanas past 10pm (which is when the pool closes) the guy starts yelling at security all the while security is composed and calm. He manages to get him out of the pool area so the drama is over. We head out and reach the lobby where we see the guy still in his underwear arguing with security still....:confused2: before the wacko goes after anyone we leave. MGM it is and we have quarters in hand for the horse racing game. Its another Bust.... i lose $5 in quarters while C loses $5 in that new dog racing game. Atleast we were lucky enough to burn a few hours. We get hungry so we opt for Hooters .25cent wings.

We get seated at the mad onion and we order our wings which is when the waitress tells us they dont serve them anymore only the bar and the hooters restuarant across the way. She hands us a new menu which we look over

[​IMG]

C decides to get the turkey club (not on the graveyard menu) and i go for the steak and eggs. We were really let down since it was one of the stops that we were looking most forward to. We get our food and HOLY CRAP it was a big meal for $2.99

[​IMG]

WELL DONE HOOTERS ! i loved the meal and so did C. we get tired so we turn in once again.

Day 3

Our last day and we wake up around 1pm. I shower and so does C its 3:45 and Fremont Buffet it is. We walk to the players club and get out comps for the buffet with the fremont coupon. At the buffet the line is wrapped all around and we notice that the buffet is closed until 4pm. Prime rib night. We get to sit down and i see people walking away with Prime Rib so i decide to try it. NOT FOR ME... so i decide to stick with

[​IMG]

i was actually in the mood for fresh deli and this was the perfect spread. Thats a plus from this buffet in my book. We finish up and C wants to try her luck in Binions. NO LUCK AGAIN WHAT GIVES !! lol. We get outta downtown and since ive had that lovesac cover on my mind we head over to the store and this time ive decided to try to barter with the guy.

We walk in and its a different person. We talk a bit about how we were here the day before and im the market for a new cover. She then shows me the 2 ... then she says "OH WE ALSO HAVE THESE" she pulls out 2 big boxes. Movie sack bundle packages. a Cover , neck pillow, drink holder, and a mini cover for a foot stool. i dont even try to barter because ive seen these packages go from 250 - 400 and she is selling them at $99 !!!:eek:. After some more talking she shows us some soft fluffy pillows that they sell for $15 we get one. She also shoes us some slippers for $25 !!! some of the most comfortable slippers ive ever tried on. We take those too!! i then told her that my lovesac is feeling a bit flat and i ask if she has foam for sale. She said she does but tells me to try a trick first instead of buying $45 worth of foam. Happy to report that the trick worked !. i walked into the store wanting a simple Cover and i walk out with a Cover Package, fluffy pillow , and slippers all thanks to Christine from Lovesac Las Vegas probably the nicest salesmen ive ever met.

BEFORE
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

after lovesac we go back to the hotel for one last dip in the pool. We go back to the room and dry off to head to circus circus. We dont drink but we order hot chocolate which rocks !. Another day of losing our daily budget. We cant catch a break. The one thing i will say. We didnt lose within minutes. The money was stretched over a few hours. We go to the car and decide to check out the Bellagio until a message is played on the radio "thunderstorm please stay indoors" CRAP .... the message says that it will affect the 15 freeway. So we try to make arrangements to stay another day but instead we ask our connection for late check out until 2pm and we explain to her whats going on. Again she comes through .

Last Day

wake up at noon and all we see is bright skies and the hottest day of the trip... weird weather. We check out and decide to go to MSS again. Great food again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They had some great pulled pork burgers. First time for a buffet for me. Sauce was sweet but not too much that you could mistake it for candy. Buns were also great. When i first felt them they were a bit tough but with the sauce they get soft and tasty. I also grabbed some wings which were good aswell:licklips::licklips::licklips::licklips:.

C says "i say we play for a bit before we go" i say ok and i walk over to the machine that gave me a nice win and .... IT HAPPENS AGAIN !!! this machine must have loved me because i put a $5 and it spits $60 back to me !!! i decide to drop down to $50 and one the last push of the button, ANOTHER bonus round, then another then another then ANOTHER !!! Finally !! i walk out with $120 which i split with C. what an awesome end to another vegas trip.

well heres the end of the TR. Had a blast reliving the moments with everyone. Theres a strong possibility that i might go to vegas again before i go back to work. Not completely sure yet but if not then ill have another TR in DECEMBER hope everyone enjoyed it !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  2. judy

judy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed the photos . Your trip sounds like a blast and 'on a budget' is always good....more trips that way! Thanks for posting!

2024’s Second Trip
  3. Kbaby Girl

Kbaby Girl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YAY! Glad you had a great trip! Loved the pics!:thumbsup:

4. DotHaze

DotHaze Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report! Great pics!

5. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the trip report / pics. Sounds like you came home a winner or close to even with your big win to close the trip.

I'll have to check out the MSS Brunch and Hooters midnight menu later this year.

Thanks for posting.

6. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report and pretty good food pix. (Food is really hard to photograph well as when the colors are a just bit off it often looks really wrong.)

But you gotta be careful or someone will take the above out of context! :ssst:

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol, that's me. No clue what a lovesac was and my mind was everywhere on that one as I'm reading until I got to the picture.
    Good report Nuke and good photos!:thumbsup:
    We are big fans of the MSS breakfast buffet.

8. Vega$nut

Vega$nut Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great pics. Sounds like you had fun.

9. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fun TR! Thanks for taking the time to write it. Glad your lovesac is better. :)

10. LaRae

LaRae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Nuke. Great job with all the pics. Sounds like you both had a great trip!

11. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you are all very welcome and thanks for all the kind words.

You guys are right about the lovesac lol. Its funny because one of the old mottos of the company was "lovesac.com is not a dirty site" haha.

MSS is never a let down but one thing we noticed was there was no Clam Chowder. I asked a cook and he said thats fridays only so next time i hope we get a chance to stop on friday. Its also one of the least expensive with awesome tasting food. Mondays price was 8.99 plus coupon 8.99 for 2 people ... unreal !

for the past few trips we have been sticking to our regular routine next time i hope to change it up a bit.

again thanks to everyone for the comments !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.