1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wrong name on tickets for the D&M Show...help!

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by ddm15, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddm15

ddm15 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello, my name is Deb. My husband and I are going to Vegas for the very first time...arriving on Wednesday, July 18th :)...we are VERY excited to experience Vegas!!! We will be in Vegas for 6 days!

I spent tonight printing out all our needed info...hotel reservation, car rental reservation, show reservations, etc...when I got to the Donny and Marie Show reservation I noticed that my last name is spelled wrong :( In order to pick my tickets up it states that I need ID that matches the name on the tickets that I ordered. I tried calling Harrah's Entertainment but they are closed until tomorrow and I am freaking out right now thinking that I won't be able to pick my tickets up. I did send them an email but we are leaving for Vegas on Wednesday morning and I don't have much faith that my email will be read or responded to by the time we leave. I will be calling tomorrow morning ASAP to try and get this worked out but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and was it easily worked out. We purchased two tickets...VIP backstage tickets.

I am so worried now that I won't be able to pick our tickets up...I cannot even sleep now...the tickets for the VIP cost us almost $600.00!!!

Do you think I will have a problem changing the name to my correct name???

Thank You,

Deb

2. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I seriously doubt you will have a problem getting your tickets.
    It's not a completely different name on the ticket reservation, just a miss-spell.
    If you can't get a hold of someone on the phone before you leave, you can visit the ticket booth and explain your problem.
    You'll be fine. Relax and enjoy your vacation! You're gonna love it all. :beer:

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, you won't have a problem.

The whole name on the tickets thing is to prevent scalping... so unless their misspelling is along the lines of "my name is Deb Smith and they misspelled my name on the tickets as Michelle Jones" then you'll be fine.

4. ddm15

ddm15 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for your quick response ardee :) I am so worried that I can't sleep. The first part of my last name is correct but they added the letters *all* at the end of it. I wish I would have noticed this sooner!

I am hoping this can be straightened out before we leave so I don't have to worry.

So you think I can get this all worked out at the pick up counter at the Flamingo when I pick my tickets up?

Aside from that we are so EXCITED to be going to Vegas for the first time!!!

:beer: to you too :wave:

5. ddm15

ddm15 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you Auggie! I am a bit more relieved now lol. I am usually much more observant of reservations and names, etc. I don't know how I missed the name mis-spelling until just now :rolleyes2: Hopefully it will be easily fixed and we can enjoy our vacay in Vegas for the first time :)

6. jugdish76

jugdish76 Low-Roller

I don't know how far off your name is, but if it is similar, well, most places will understand.

I have a very hard to spell last name, and the DMV added a letter to it. Every once in a while, someone notices it, but most often they don't. When they do, well, the last name is so unique that the other person gets it ... if it was fraud, it wouldn't be such a unique name. This includes banks, TSA, etc. They probably see such discrepancies 20 times a day.

Provided you have a very similar name, the addition of letters is something most people will overlook and accept.

7. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may want to make sure you have the CC you put the tickets on with you when you go to will call.
    I misplaced an e-mail from mirage about LOVE tickets, and they needed my CC, didn't even care about my ID.

Anniversary Trip
  8. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    maybe your husband did that on purpose in hopes that it would get him out of having to suffer through Donny and Marie?????

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny:thumbsup:

10. Aero22

Aero22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They won't even notice it. I would maybe take the actual credit card statement showing your correct name and the tix being charged to that statement, . . but I bet you a dollar you would not even need it. the other suggestion would be to pick up the tix soon as you can. . just to get it off your mind, and if there was a discussion required with a mgr or something, you wouldn't be rushed,,,,,BUT as I said, you can just give them your name, show your CC and they will give you your tix. . . you might say to them. ."oh , i notice that they added .all to my name, but that is me"

Make sure you let us know how it went.

cheers

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that they will not even notice it.

They just want your money and to give you your tickets. There is not a big scalper deal or issue with these tickets. Garth Brooks would be another story. Even then, showing the credit card it was charged with would handle it.

You are totally fine.

Been to the show. Corny, old stuff, but enjoyable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.