1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Checking in 9am-12pm

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by ChitownVegas, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.TDub

Mr.TDub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For new years 06 and 07, MGM and PH let me check in before 10am.

Now MGM has an early check in fee, lol.

Are hotels trying to keep folks from checking in earlier than 3pm? I like to get out of Chicago before SOMETHING cancels flights :evillaugh

Has anyone recently had any troubles? I'm staying Mon-Thurs first week of October.

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've never had a CET hotel even mention a charge for early check-in - granted, we have only attempted a few times at Paris or Bally's but have gotten a room during the week as early as 9am. Probably depends on the clerk and if a hard nosed supervisor is lurking... lol

3. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know where MGM is on the fee. With CET, they only try to collect it from people at IP, Harrah's and Flamingo and being in Total Rewards is supposed to get you around it. My personal experience has been if they have a room, I can get into it but at around 10AM or so, the lobby is nuts with people checking out so you may end up needing to check your luggage anyway just to avoid the madness.

4. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For my last five trips, 3 to MGM Grand and 2 to Cosmopolitan, I have checked in between 11AM-12PM and never been charged an early check in fee. Last one was MGM over MDW.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they are trying to get the fee, more for advance reservations. We have checked in before noon many times without a problem.

6. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In March and May, I checked in at the IP at about 10am and they charged me $20.00 each time. I am a Total Rewards member. Made no difference.

7. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ChiTownVegas: I am like you. I like to hop on the first thing smoking when I leave Chicago. I try be on the first flight out that Southwest has. The good thing about the first flight is that the airplane is already at the airport. Same thing when I leave Vegas.

8. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    in a place like Vegas with massive hoards of people coming and going and a 24X7 lifestyle I am surprised that places have not moved to a flexible check in and check out system and added a small charge like $5 or $10 dollars right from the get go

to me it makes more sense than having massive lines of people checking in at the same time for a few hours and then having another massive group of people checking out with long lines again

I also think it could be a more effective use or the maids since they would not need to staff up to get a bunch of rooms all done in a 2-4 hour time period and then have some downtime or have to then have a massive number of towels and sheets all hitting the laundry at the same time

at first it might be harder to get people used to that (which is where the charge comes in) but over time with cheap late night/early morning flights people would probably love the convenience of saving $50 to $100+ on a flight for only having to pay $5 or $10 to arrive early or leave late

in the old days with keys, no computers, no electronically controlled lockouts, ect. it made sense to have check in and check out scheduled a few hours apart, but IMO not so much today

I even think the airlines might get in on the act of they knew they were going to sell out flights that had previously been harder to fill they might even have "check in check out sales" where you knew your room would be ready right when you landed and then you could check out 1 hour before your flight left no matter the time of day or night

9. itsedjusted

itsedjusted Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to Ballys later this week. My flight gets in at 8:30 am so I asked for an early check in. They told me they'd comp me the night before to guarantee my room would be available immediately. I'm by no means a High Roller, I play mostly in the poker room.

10. Mr.TDub

Mr.TDub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool.

I'm so wishy washy right now about where I want to stay. I do this to myself every time hahahahaha.

I was just checking rates on MGM Grand's site and it had a check box for early check in, I believe to "guarantee it". Then they have there other fees and taxes :evillaugh

I'll be excited, stay up all night, get to the airport at 6am, leave at 8am, get in at 10am, and usually check in after 11am. I will sleep until 4pm then I'm ready to party all night lol. It's a small ritual.

People who are from Chicago knows all it takes is rain and light snow to delay or cancel any and everything at O'Hare and delay everything at Midway. So I get out as early as I can :confused2:

11. Vegasbabie

Vegasbabie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at Harrah's around 4 times in the last 2 years. They do say it's $20 for check in before noon. I have been assigned a room before Noon, and have come back to get my keys after Noon with no charge. It't not that important to me to have my room right away so I just store my bag. I would suggest that if you get in before Noon and there aren't any lines, get a room assigned to you at that time. Later when you go to get your key, you go to a different desk with a much smaller line.

I fly in from Chicago too and like the early flights. I have been on many an afternoon/evening flight that has been delayed. I don't care when it happens coming home but I want to be on time at the start of my trip! My next trip is in a few weeks on an early evening flight. Fingers crossed.

12. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You got that right! I always take the first SW out of MDW (the 6:00a or the 6:40a, depending on the time of year) and even in good weather, sit there and pray the skies don't open up with rain or snow and delay the flight.

Gotta love Chicago weather!!

13. JessicaSarahS

JessicaSarahS Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've checked in early to Aria a few times with no issues/fees. Sometimes I have to wait til 10 or 11 am, but at least there are no fees.

14. chuckM

chuckM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never had a problem...early morning is a good time to use a $20 and try to get a choice room. With that comes the early check-in. I'm at mlife gold and you're supposed to get preferred early check-in/late check-out when possible also. I can't recall waiting until 3 in my last 10+ trips.

15. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always arrive early, and if they won't check me in, that's OK, I just check my bags. I usually arrive on Sunday anyways, so I come back after champagne brunch. I'd rather wait, than end up in whatever room they can scrape up for me.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.