1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golden Gate suite

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by liteman, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liteman

liteman Old Timer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their website shows a suite. Has anyone stayed there. I thought I would try the $20 trick, but not if they have nothing to upgrade to.)

2. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lite, they are brand new and they don't have many of them. Not sure if the $20 trick would land you one.

3. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This past week we stayed DT at the Golden Nugget for the first time ever. After hundreds of trips to the strip, we wanted to check out the DT scene. On the first night we wandered over to the Golden Gate. What an experience! This place is a GEM for fun...and also fair BJ rules (3/2 BJ, RSA, etc.). The dealers are not only gorgeous, but very nice, talkative at the right time, and just downright fun to play against. The waitresses are fast with drinks, the beer is cold, the mixed drinks are stiff. The pit boss immediately said hello and introduced himself and asked if I would like a players card. We were amazed to say the least.

We started out playing $10-$25 BJ as our whole purpose of going DT was to actually pay for a room, gamble less, and have fun. I got up a bit, so changed my bet to $100-$200. That gets you some fun attention that Aria and Bellagio just dont care about. Heck, our last trip to Bellagio was $456 AB over 14 hrs for 3 days and we never heard from our host. So, we then were asked if we would like a tour of the hotel. "Sure, let's go". The suites are very basic. If you are expecting anything close to the most basic suite of the strip, forget it. I have never stayed in a suite at Imperial Palace, but I have seen the IP suites and these are about the same. I guess it is sticking with the theme of old time Vegas.

That said..we would stay here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.