1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mgm grand arena seating

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Aero22, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aero22

Aero22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking of going to iheart festival but tix are outrageously expensive for top price . . . BUT not bad for upper bowl. How are the seats up there ? Am i correct that the Arena is smaller than average as far as number of seats . . . Is this venue the size of a hockey arena or is the whole space ie the floor, smaller also ?? Any info would be appreciated

Cheers

2. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went in may for the billboard music awards. When I bought the tix, they said the event was to be a theater in the round setting, but ended up with the stage at the opposite end of the arena, and seats in the first row of the upper deck were terrible. Ended up renting binoculars to see the stage.
    I thought the arena was a more intimate venue, but i'm guessing it holds about 10,000.
    So be careful on the ticket selection, you may want to spring for the better seats.

Anniversary Trip
  3. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you've been to a typical Hockey or NBA arena, then you can imagine easily what the MGM Arena is like.

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    for concerts the stage is at the end, so if you're on the other end, it's a long, long way away.

5. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been there for 2 UFC fights. I had seats way up in the nose bleeds the first time, and was about 13 rows off the floor the second. since the cage is i the middle of the arena, the nose bleeds were not too bad really. Anytime they were kickboxing, the view was fine, but for grappling, it was better to watch the screens, but that is the case at a lot of live fights, even small local ones, the grapplings hard to see from some angles.

Size wise, its like a hockey/NBA arena, minus any skyboxes. So compared to the United Center in Chicago, it is probably 65-70% of the size

6. PayDaMan

PayDaMan Guest

The seating capacity of the garden arena is supposed to be 16,800 people but depends on the event. According to the Las Vegas Journal the capacity last year was 12500 . Below is a link to the seating layout:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/2E0048BFA879241E

Did you get tickets for the iheart festival, they sold out in 1 minute.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.