1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

any flight attendants?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by captainron62, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I retired in 2010 from a government job, been looking for the right thing to keep me going for a second career. Long story short have an interview Thursday with United Airlines in TX. I have read a bit and I know its not a cake walk and the odds are not very good, but just wanted to hear if anyone has any thoughts about the training, schedule, pay etc.??

2. Bruinfan1

Bruinfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mainline, or a United Express company (ExpressJet?)

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Continental/United Air

4. Bruinfan1

Bruinfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry - only know someone on a regional who swears never again.

Good luck w/ the interview!

5. dernsky

dernsky Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    do it

if you get a chance go inflight!!!! my wife works for west jet airlines in canada. part time, she works 8 to 10 days a month. lots of time for travel. idont know what the pay scale is in the usa but here she makes over $45 per flying hour and 5 bucks perdium 4days out is $5 x98 hours. and lots of cheap flights and great deals on hotels. give it a try hope you will like it. we go to vegas about 3 time a year, hawaii, mexico and great cruise deals too

6. Bruinfan1

Bruinfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WestJet FAs had* the best deal of any North American domestic flight attendants I can imagine...although in my books they tend to earn every penny of salary and bonus and every ounce of respect they receive.

United, after going through bankruptcy to re-align compensation, currently finishing up a merger and going through some serious turmoil at the Houston hub, will not be as rosy a place to work at. How that translates to being an FA there...? I know that you don't get much for pay @ UA until your 6th year - I assume the union contract is online if you want to look it up. $20/hr x 85 hours $1700/month, if those are the going rates. And the per diem is maybe $2/hr for UA, not $5.

*FAs just had their salary structure levels decrease 10% - their hourly wage was a little too high compared to the competition. Still seem to be pretty happy - must be that annual bonus.

7. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last flight on Southwest, a male flight attendant claimed to work 170 hours month and said he made $90k last year. I was thinking that was way too much $ for a flight attendant, but great for him if it's true, as he had some debts he was trying to pay off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.