1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

In and Out Burger

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by bukaty123, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bukaty123

bukaty123 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there an In and Out Burger near the "airport" end of he strip??? Staying at the Luxor. Thank you. Michelle

2. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. tapakip

tapakip Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Poster above is correct, that one is right next to the Luxor, and is busy at all times of the day. I go there at least once a trip. And yes, animal style is the way to go!

4. Polemarch28

Polemarch28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depending on your method of transportation, I believe the best option is the one on Maryland Parkway, near UNLV. It's a little further from the Strip, but I find it to be much easier when coming from the MGM (or that general area).

The real advantage is that it's nowhere near as busy. I can usually find a table, inside or outside, and don't need to wait nearly as long for my food. I also appreciate getting out of the crowd for a little while to enjoy a nice lunch.

5. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next to Luxor? I have no idea how you came to that location description, but it is 2 blocks directly west of (or behind) NYNY, at the intersection of Dean Martin and the north side of Tropicana. It is not even close to Luxor.

Nick:beer:

6. dunebug81

dunebug81 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol, not to mention you have to cross over I-15.

I'd catch a bus running west on trop to get there and then split a cab with someone coming back as trying to catch the bus going east would mean you would have to cross a very busy road with no pedestrian bridge like there is on the strip.

Or like another poster said go to the one on Maryland. It's not nearly as busy.

7. ebuzz7

ebuzz7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the one on Blue Diamond. Just go south on the Boulevard till you come to Blue Diamond (about 3 miles or so), turn right and it takes you under the under pass and it's a couple blocks down on your right. Hardly half as busy as the Dean Martin one. Of course you would need a car for this one.

8. tapakip

tapakip Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You guys gotta be joking. It's 1 mile away. I stay at THEhotel all the time and it takes literally 5 minutes to get there. If that's not considered close, I don't know what is.

http://goo.gl/maps/AmYK

:peace:

9. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cant believe ive been to Vegas 6 time now and never eaten in this place, DEFO gonna try it out next visit in December :peace:

10. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best FAST FOOD burger. ANYWHERE!!! No discussion needed.

11. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't forget to ask for your fries Animal Style, too :thumbsup:

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  12. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you confused people with the "next to the Luxor" reference... the rest of your info is absolutely correct.

13. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually walk to in n out, Go the back of Excalibur..cross the highway - yes there are crosswalk lights then to eat. A few times took a cab over there then walked back..

14. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    for the record... its NOT right next to you.

its closer than you think but its not walking distance.

youd have to pass Excalibur then make a left and drive down a bit but its there

15. tapakip

tapakip Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll definitely grant that it's not walking distance. Unless you like exercise, anyway. :evillaugh

16. Motorhead168

Motorhead168 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one on Maryland is my fav. I can sit there watching them cut the fries all day long.:peace:

17. Bruinfan1

Bruinfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ummm...depends on what you do in Vegas, I suppose.

Thanks to Google Maps, the walking distance from the bottom of the SW escalators outside of Excalibur (basically Trop & LVB) to the front door of In-n-Out is 5/8ths of a mile, or 985m. Sorry, they don't like you standing in the drive-in line. :poke:

If you've been to a large Vegas convention, that barely covers a down-and-back of the convention floor. 10-15 miles a day wasn't unusual back in the Comdex days. Of course, air-conditioned carpeted LVCC is a little different than fry-an-egg concrete sidewalk beside traffic in July. Put into Strip perspective...same distance from NYNY to Bellagio. Or the distance to the front of a cab line on a Saturday night. All about perspective....

18. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why is in-n-out burger better than say a Runza burger, Shake Shack burger, or Five Guys?

I had In-N-Out 2 days in a row last year in Phoenix and really like it. Much better than the standard McD's/Wendys/BK crap, but I can't remember liking it more than a Five Guys burger.

I think the best burger from a fast food place is Portillos.

19. Polemarch28

Polemarch28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in pain from everything you said. Just all of it. Especially Portillos. Although they do make a mean hot dog.

20. Bruinfan1

Bruinfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In-n-Out vs. Five Guys: Cheaper. Simpler. Wish it was faster, but it isn't. I'd suggest that Five Guys (only 4 trips) makes a better patty, but it's very comparable.

In-n-Out vs. Shake Shack: Two very different concepts IMHO. We've got a couple of decent burger "shacks" in my town, and I think of them more as an "experience". Go there, plunk down your $15pp, get a great burger and a really nice beverage and a dessert. Lots of different choices. In-n-Out is a drive-through - cheap, simple, great value for great product.

For In-n-Out the allure is the concept (50's drive-in, all-fresh, family-owned not franchised, simple menu) and the limited availability (CA/AZ/UT...now TX). After that...it's just a processed burger.

To bring it back to Vegas, I was at BLT Burger in the Mirage last visit, discussing In-n-Out with a couple from Canada who had never been. Which has the better burger, the better shake? No doubt - BLT Burger by a mile. Which would I go to next time? In-n-Out. $7 vs. $24 (w/o spike or dessert) makes it an easy decision.

Tell me about Portillos please - where, what, why do you like it?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.