1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A golf course sign.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hahaha my luck I'd over shoot it and hit the window

3. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont know about other places but

The course where I live ,the homeowner assumes the responsibility for golf ball damage .

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that's different.
    The course we lived on Vegas would not permit the owners to put up any kind of fencing or netting to prevent damage, but the golfers were in theory, responsible for property damage.

It was a course with 3 nines and one of the vacant foreclosures was right on the curve of a dogleg. This house looked like something out of war zone, there were so many potmarks in the 2 story frame. About once a week, while out walking the dog, I'd stop in the back yard and collect the balls. Some weeks, well over 2 dozen laying in the backyard. Especially during weeks where they had the typical drunken outings!:wink2:

5. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    in Vegas that is almost asking for "hundred bucks says I can take out the window" :wink2:

6. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess the theory is

you buy a house on a golf course ,expect to get hit by golf balls sometimes.
    I've seen some really good verbal alltercations involving residents and golfers.
    I live across the street from the nearest hole,no problems.

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were exactly at the 150 marker on a 425 par 4. So maybe 1 ball in the yard every couple of weeks, but at that distance from the tee, nothing traveling with much velocity.
    Did get one pock mark in the stucco, either a big hitter, or crappy 2nd shot.:wink2:
    We walked the dog early AM and I would find balls on our street, meaning they flew over the houses! Talk about a hook!:evillaugh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.