1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gross Dayclub Statistics

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by heatherlovesvegas, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. jugdish76

jugdish76 Low-Roller

People are so gross.

3. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once you swim around in urine all day, nothing can kill you!

4. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats pretty much in many pools that are crowded regardless if its a dayclub. LOL. There are a couple thousand people in those dayclubs. Some go in the pool, some dont. But with that many people, more than what a regular pool would have. Of course there will be higher amts of urine. haha.

Thats why dont go in the pool. Enjoy the dayclub atmosphere, but just stay away from the water. LOL.

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also Tao beach is as big as backyard swimming pool. Imagine hundreds of people going in a pool that size. Theres going to be higher concentration of crap for a pool that small with that many people.

7. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know when we were at Encore in June, we came out one morning to go to the Euro pool and it wasn't open yet. Apparently they have a "swim night" at XS and they were having to do a mondo shock on the pool:rolleyes2:

It was supposed to open at 8 and finally did at 10....still looked pretty murky instead of the normal crystal clear water. Not sure if that's the look of water when it's been smacked w/ a load of disinfectant (chlorine, bromine or ??..not sure what Wynn uses).

Anyway....it was hot and about 1030 I asked the pool mgr if he really thought the water was ok? He said it definitely was good to go or they couldn't have opened. PH and disinfectant have to be w/i specific tolerances for any pool to open. Now when chemistry changes as the day goes on like it probably does at a pool party...not sure how they handle that:confused2:

So anyway.....that day, in we go and obviously still alive and breathing to tell the story...lol

I agree w/ World Travler....it's probably just about any pool. Granted the pool parties probably have a higher content due to a higher number of people/sq ft of pool.

Hey....it's pee, not poo:evillaugh

8. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Swimming pools and these problems have been around for decades, and people aren't dropping dead all over the place so I wouldn't worry about it.

9. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If a pool is very contaminated it can appear murky for awhile after it has been shocked. Once the shock has a chance to work, the pool returns to a glassy, clear appearance.

They check the pH and free chlorine (bromine, etc, depending on the system) before opening the pool for the day, but my guess is that it isn't checked again until after closing time. If you don't check it you won't know it's out of tolerance :grrr:, and no one wants to force a bunch of hard-partying 20-somethings to leave a dayclub early.

A dayclub places an incredibly high contaminant load factor on the pool's sanitation system. Even if management amps up the disinfectant level prior to opening, the massive crowd of urinating (and worse in the case of infected lesions - ewwwww!) soon overwhelm the disinfectant. One look at the pool water at Tao Beach convinced me that lounging on a daybed was a much better idea than going near that nasty water.

10. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So does that mean if it's still murky, the shock has not completed it's job and the water is probably not yet up to specs?:confused2: Or can it come into acceptable ranges and still be working thru the visual "murkyness" (is that a word? lol)

11. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The process of shocking a pool isn't instantaneous, so there would be a period of time after shock when the water is still visably murky, but the water chemistry is approaching the acceptable range. (This transition time is a function of the volume of pool, size of pool pumps and lines, and size/type of sanitation system.) Entering the pool at that point in time probably doesn't pose much risk, since the sanitation process is working and nearing completion.

The bigger concern is the pool water condition as the day progresses and 200+ people have pee'd (etc) in the pool.

12. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to love the pool. Until I got a job doing property management and had to get a bunch of certifications including one in pool maintenance. The acceptable levels of human waste in the water has been enough to keep me out of public pools ever since. :wink2:

I also call the hot tub "people soup". :yuck:

13. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a health risk to this? I am not thrilled to see babies or toddlers with diapers on being floated through the water by mom. I am sure people are not " dropping dead all over the place" but I wonder about stomach/ intestinal issues hitting a couple of hours later from these germs.
    Anybody know ?

14. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pun intended!

15. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yikes! I always thought hot tubs/pools just didn't rub me the right way as a young child but figured "hey everybody's doing it! why not!" LOL

16. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Public pools are disgusting. Ill stick to rivers and lakes if I need a swim.

17. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They test for solids huh?

[youtube]Th_aBzrV37M[/youtube]

18. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would assume it's gross anyways and part of the reason I don't really ever swim. Not sure I needed a report to tell me that.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.