1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Your final trip to Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by earth-3, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earth-3

earth-3 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you were going to Las Vegas for the last time ever, where would you stay and what would you do? Lets say it's a five day trip but you do have to limit your funds to $10,000. That's for your gaming and all. How would you divide your time and finances? Would you try for any comps you could use while there? Transportation need not be included, that is; flying first class, renting a limo, cabbing, etc... Give it your best shot for a hell of a stay there.

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    last trip as in I'm dying, or last trip as in I won't be allowed to go to Vegas anymore?

3. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never a final trip to Vegas

I don't know when my final trip will be because I plan to keep going to
    Vegas.
    But... if I had $10,000 to spend... I would stay in a Palazzo suite. I would go shopping at the Wynn. Eat cavier (from the caspian sea) at the fancy hotel
    restaurants.
    Eat a whole broiled lobster imported from Australia from some restaurant.
    I would try different expensive drinks to see which ones I liked the best.
    I would gamble at the Wynn because it looks like a lot of gambles win some money there. My main goal would be to have fun gambling.

My dreams and wishes come true. Lucy

4. crussader

crussader Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Important distinction

5. earth-3

earth-3 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a possibility that travel may not be in your future anymore, not that you will be six feet under ground and just a memory.

6. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You mean like a foreign power takes over and does away with Vegas!?!!!

Now you have me scared!

7. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Phew, you had me worried there.

Under those parameters, I'd imagine I'd stay at the Rio (Cariocca Suite I guess) and play one of the $1000 buy in NLHE WSOP events. Working around the poker schedule, I'd hit up a different high end steakhouse each night.

I would also prepare for 6 months practicing my card counting, and with any remaining funds from my $10,000, count as obviously as possible until I was broke, rich, or kicked out and blacklisted. Not going back anyway, so why not?

8. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would surely spend my 10.000 at the Moonlight Bunny Ranch
    :wink2:

I'd surely gamble my shorts off...

9. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probally stay at the Wynn for one last visit. Unless something better came along. I have a Fantasy of one day flying to Vegas on a Chartered Gulf Stream
    so if it was indeed my last trip I guess I'd have to make that happen. I'd play the slots, go to shows, the spa and do my usual dining and maybe some
    other stuff on my Vegas Bucket list that I've never done. Helicopter ride over the Strip or the Grand Canyon Skywalk. No need playing for comps if it's my last time!

10. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've thought about this before and I would absolutely hate to ever know it was my last trip to Vegas. I hope to go to Vegas forever and hopefully just kick off someday when I don't know it's coming...preferably my last morning on a Vegas trip..:wave::faint: I am not one that ever suffers from even the most remote forms of depression but I'm afraid I'd be in a real funk heading to the airport that last day....might as well be 6' under:rolleyes2: Yes, I am a degenerate gambler and I love Vegas that much:beer:

The only thing I'd change about our room is I'd stay at the Tower Suites instead of the resort suite at Encore. I'd eat at the same Wynncore places that we love and I'd probably play the same games but just gamble a bit more...if that's possible:poke::evillaugh

For us, $10K for a gaming and room/food budget isn't really that much more than what we do now. That's not to say we always spend $10K..depends if it's a good trip:licklips: or a bad trip:cry:

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You mean a REAL suite, or those rooms they call suites at V/P?

With $10,000 grand I would go for a real suite with separate rooms. Personally, a lakeside one at Bellagio would work for me. Or, if you are going to shop at Wynn, do a real suite there. Butler and all.

12. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would stay in a P room with a view of the fountains (hopefully comped). I wouldn't spend too much on lodging if it's my last-ever trip there. I'd rent the dolphin place at Mirage for a day and be a trainer for a day. I'd eat at a different place every meal, and I'd have a mojito at every place.

I'd rent a villa at the pool and have a massage every day. I'd take a limo everywhere. I would hop down to the Hard Rock to buy those special event $5 chips to fill out my chip frame and make arrangements to have the new ones sent to me. I would definitely save a grand or two in order to hit a HL room and just blow it in a $25 or $100 machine.

Oh, and I'd take my four (adult) children so that I could be the one to show them around; I'd really enjoy seeing it all through their eyes for the first time. That would be the best part for me.

I'm pretty easy to please.

13. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There doesn't have to be a last day in Vegas

ELVIS LIVES IN SPIRIT IN VEGAS!

My family has plans to all meet up in Vegas at the Gold Spike Hotel as we die. My dad's spirit is already at the Gold Spike and at El Cortez Hotel.
    My uncle's spirit is at the Hilton Hotel. My other uncle's spirit is where the
    Star Dust hotel used to be. All those places are haunted by people who loved Vegas.
    Many years ago my mother and my sister both stayed at the Gold Spike Hotel and they saw a ghost and heard them walking around the place.
    The cleaning ladies confirmed that the hotel is haunted.

When my grand-daughter was nine years old she said that heaven was like a buffet in Vegas. That is when we all made a deal to meet there.lol.

When my dad died peacefully in his bed....some of the family members saw my dad's happy spirit walk towards a black limo to take him to Vegas.

That was his last ride to Vegas and it didn't cost him a penny.lol. Lucy

14. Reed

Reed High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate to even consider my last trip to Vegas, but if I knew it was my last I would try the the 16 course degustation menu at JR and absolutely gamble my ass off up and down the strip, downtown, and everywhere else; just enjoying the atmosphere as usual...

15. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last trip?

Stay at IP, watch Divas, play $10 (ten) BJ, craps and pai gow @ gold coast, walk the strip, go to Caesars spa, watch jersey boys, spend time at Wynn, eat at off-strip thai & soul food restaurants, go see a $1 movie at trop cinemas, play penny slots, spend time at Rio pool, party at Carnaval Court, find good karoake, play $100 slots for a few spins, hang out at Chandelier bar. Yeah, pretty much what I would always do.

16. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:

I dunno, not being able to vacation in Vegas anymore would feel like I'm six ft. under anyway....:poke:

17. cloudi63

cloudi63 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would do exactly as I do now, just maybe try not to get aggravated with people who choose to park themselves with a stroller in tow right in front of an escalator, all the while trying to get on it! I would make sure that I have a lake view, so you can guess where I would be staying, forget the shopping as we don't take our worldly possessions with us! I would enjoy having the same table at Prime, as I did on a previous wedding anniversary, if I wasn't too tired/I'll I would sit and play slots for as long as possible, I will make sure to savor things more. I would make sure to spend my last trip to Vegas with family/friends and other acquaintances who were truly sincere. I would video tape as much as possible of my Vegas trip and give a cd to everyone who attended the very special trip and if I finally hit the progressive it would be split with everyone who shared the trip with me! Since I'm sincere that way.

18. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is an interesting question. I may have to look at that one closer for my mom. We just put her in a care home, err, an assisted living facility in january. While she is in her late 80's and can still walk around her days of visiting vegas are probably getting fewer and fewer. She last visited vegas about 2 years ago but has been busy the last few years trying to settle her estate and make the move to a care home. Now that her finances are settled she might be able to go to vegas soon but probably has to watch her spending.

Vegas sounds like a great place to pass away but it's a pain for the relatives. My dad died at the Cal 11 years ago (yeah, 2001 was a bitch, first him passing, then 9/11). He had a heart attack and they had to defib him at the bj table at the Cal. He went to the hospital but then checked himself out that night since he was leaving for home the next day (and doesn't like hospitals). Later that night guess he didn't feel well and went to the 1st floor bathroom where he passed out in the stall. They found him 10 minutes later and by then it was too late. It was a pain for us to get the body shipped back to hawaii, so many restrictions and forms to pick up from the health department and hospitals and care homes to get the body back and have the funeral home do the transfer.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.