1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Funny error on the TV show Las Vegas.

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by dfalk, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was watching Las Vegas and saw this clip and was like WTF that doesn't make any sense. It's safe to say the production crew has never been to Vegas. There's actually a lot of mistakes like this in the show but this one takes the cake. (looks like you have to click the image to view video)

[​IMG]

2. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That almost caused vertigo.....:ssst:

3. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It could be done.

But not in traffic.

And not in 30 seconds.

South, then futher south, then north, then south again, right?

4. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DID SHE SAY YES?!?!?!?:evillaugh

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't really say it was an error, just what works for television.

Like there are a lot of TV and movies filmed locally here and whenever there is something like a car chase scene you'll see the car speed down a street and in to an alley, then pull out on to a street thats actually about 10 miles away and zip in to another alley that just happens to be the same first alley but going the opposite direction, only to come out on the other side in an entirely different suburb of Vancouver.

6. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Longest proposal EVER and about 2-3 uturns.

You think they could have actually showed the Bellagio when they said it right?

7. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No! she didn't.

Also they show Paris having a video screen, didn't they just install that not to long ago? This episode was filmed in '04

8. Vegas Dave

Vegas Dave Newbie

Maybe the "Marry Me" text wasn't up the first five times they passed the Paris Hotel...

9. MrSandsman

MrSandsman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol, yeah you wouldn't want to try that in Friday or Saturday night traffic.

I recall an episode of Angel where they are in the Tropicana and run out the back door and across the street and they are then running down the middle of Fremont Street.

10. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Folks - It's not a documentary.

Bill

11. KevinSTP

KevinSTP High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nobody said it was. It's funny.

12. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I drive my wife nuts whenever we watch that show together - I'm always pointing out the geographic errors [like how the Montecito is supposedly down across from Luxor, but the views from the windows looking out almost always show it being where TI would be. And my wife always yells at me "Shut up! It's just a TV show, who cares!" which is 100% true, but if I was the show's producer I still would've paid attention to little details like that - I mean c'mon, Vegas is one of the most visited destinations in the world, so I'm sure lots of people notice the mistakes like that...or maybe just us Vegas fanatics, LOL

I also noticed an error like that in "Get Him to the Greek" that I submitted to the "goofs" section on imdb - even though the movie takes place in 2010 [or whenever], the view out the hotel suite window in Vegas is clearly a pre-1999 shot that shows the circular hotel tower of the old Sands.

13. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I wouldn't call it an error. They clearly know its wrong, and just ignore it to make the scene work.

But I mean Oceans Eleven (the remake) suggested the MGM Grand was beside the Bellagio.

14. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That in Oceans 11 had always struck me as odd, till I interviewed at Bellagio last year and went into the underground, very possible they could be connected. That area the public never sees is massive.

15. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We kind of have concurrent threads running, as I recently responded to a similar thread about movie goofs.

The Montecito's location is always a battle between my wife and I. From the overhead shots, it is actually south of Mandalay Bay, on the airport side of the strip (where a strip mall/McDonalds and a gas station sits). My wife actually made me get a soda from that McDonalds drive through so she could say she had a drink at the Montecito!

And then I go nutso when, as Jilly stated, Ed Deline's office is mid-strip. That's when - Mrs. Montecito McDonalds soda - tells me to chill out because it is just TV.

Those non-Vegas-degenerates... they just don't understand.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  16. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Massive is one thing. If you stretched credulity enough you could almost believe a tunnel underground going UNDER Caesar's Palace to the Mirage and UNDER LV Blvd and various hotels to the MGM Grand, with sensors in every direction. And people taking half mile walks through the tunnel with cash to/from the vault.

But they also called it "the 3000 block of Las Vegas Blvd", which strongly implies they are all next to one another.

17. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah the Mirage is completely believeable but MGM would be quite a stretch no doubt. I can tell ya though that going South from where I interviewed at, which was well South of the check in desk, went several hundred yards before a corner. Technically they are all on the 3000 block, 3400-3700 if memory serves from Mirage to MGM, but that goes clear up to Wynn as well and all the way down to Mandalay.

18. IndyToVegas

IndyToVegas Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one that always makes me angry is in 3000 Miles to Graceland when they are on Fremont Street and ENTER Riviera.

19. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Show

Yeah lot's of mistakes in the show but Las Vegas was great! I've watched those reruns over and over again for years!
    Other than continuity issues it drives me crazy how easy it is for anyone to just waltz into the video surveillance room.

I always thought they should do a show called; Mike Cannon - Private Eye based in Las Vegas. He'd be great with all his gadgets!

I'm looking forward to the new Dennis Quaid show this Fall!

20. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No one mentioned the FRONTIER at the beginning. They apparently went back in time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.