1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Four Queens vs. Golden Nugget Carson room

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Candy Apple, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here I go again-LOL. I currently have the GN booked for Thurs, Sept 6 & Fri, Sept 7 before we move to Bally's for three nights. I'm paying $153 for GN which includes a coupon book with two buy 1 get 1 buffets. I hadn't considered 4Q previously because I knew them not to have a pool. Now I just read that guests can use the pool at Binions. My adult son will use the pool for a couple hours during our stay. He would enjoy the slide and shark tank. OTOH, I read that the GN pool gets jam packed.

With that being said, FQ is having a sale until Thursday where I could pick a standard room the first two nights for only $104. The web site doesn't give a choice of deluxe south tower room at any price, which I don't understand. I assume the deluxe rooms are the quieter ones, and we do go to bed early by Vegas standards. On another booking site I could choose a deluxe room for $150. Or perhaps the $20 trick would get us a south tower room? I believe a coupon book is also given at 4Q with discounts for Magnolia's Veranda, etc.

The flat screen, coffee maker, and VP at FQ are a plus.

Other things important to us are cleanliness, comfortable beds, friendly employees, and short check-in line. Which one has the edge?

Any other plusses or minuses for either one I'm missing?

What are your thoughts?

2. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cleanliness, comfortable beds, and friendly employees, IMHO, it is a tossup. Long check in line....4Q's I have never seen a check in line period. GN, dont be surprised to spend 1/2 hour in line. Biggest difference in my opinion, will be distance from Fremont St. and the pool being in a different building. My room in Carson tower was pretty equivalent to even the North Tower room at 4Q's.

3. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only 4 hours left on the sale. I'm surprised I didn't get any more opinions...

4. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a feeling you will be happier at the GN.

5. rdunc311

rdunc311 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from the 4Qs last week. Stayed there one night in the north tower and it was nothing special. I can't speak to the GN personally but my parents just returned and said it was great. The 4Qs hotel room reminded me of a motel room or a run down Holiday Inn. Not sure if the South tower has been renovated recently. I'd go with the GN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.