1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo rooms w/ fountain view

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by HuskerBB, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking of booking a room at Cosmopolitan for a couple nights using Marriott reward points. On the Marriott website the room options don't categorize the fountain view rooms like they do on the Cosmopolitan website. If I use Marriott to book a Terrace Studio Suite w/ a balcony what are the chances of getting a fountain view room?

We are Marriott gold members which is supposed to provide free upgrades but I am not sure that applies at Cosmo. Any one having any success using the $20 trick at Cosmo to get fountain view?

2. Magician

Magician Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I booked a terrace studio, I called them the next day to confirm if it was with 2 queen beds instead of 1 king and they said they upgraded us to a terrace studio with 2 queen size beds and a premium view at no additional cost.

Might be worth calling them after you make the reservation

3. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in a room called Terrace Suite. They are all in the west tower and they all have a fountain view. I think the terrace studio is a different room though

4. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo

When I stayed there in Nov 2011 I had booked a double Queen Terrace room through Marriott's website.
    Not sure you require 2 beds but that was the only way to view and book a terrace room with 2 beds online.
    I had an awesome view of the Bellagio Fountains but you may want to search out my review for more info.

5. throwbackid

throwbackid Guest

If you are not a real "player" it all depends on availability. I have been Vegas twice where I didn't get an "ocean" view but both weekends were holiday weekends where I checked in Friday night at 9pm. Both times I offered a $20 but was only given I a high strip view which is also awesome by the way. Don't sweat it, offer the bribe and hope it gets you somewhere. I have stayed at Cosmo three times in a row now and will welcome a change of pace in a couple weeks at Wynn though the Cosmo is probably the #1 all around "spot" in Vegas IMHO.

6. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called prior to my arrival in November. It was incredibly important to new to get the fountain view since I was proposing. No to required, they let me check in at 9 am to a wonderful fountain view.

7. Rockinghorse

Rockinghorse Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used Marriott points there a few times, and they do indeed upgrade you automatically. To guarantee the view, I'd either call Cosmo as mentioned above, or at least ask at the desk when you check in.

8. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beauty!

I've just booked with Marriott too!

As for "runner up" views, does anyone have any second-best votes for other sides of the various towers? Floor levels, etc?

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    part of the answer will depend on how full there are, events, and day or week

10. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, it's going to be over New Years, so it'll be FULL.
    I was originally thinking a low floor on the Boulevard Pool side so I could watch the Chilli Peppers, but, alas they're playing at the Chelsea (wherever that is -- I'm assuming indoors).

My gut tells me to just ask for an East facing (LV Blvd side) room so long as it's in the East Tower and not the West. And our room will be a Terrace Suite if that makes any difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.