1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Walk to Chinatown

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Drambler, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am thinking I'd like to hit some of the restaurants that are in the LV Chinatown. Their website says they are only a mile from the strip on Spring Mountain Rd. That doesn't seem that far. Is it walkable or will there be highway entrances and things like that which will make the walk more dangerous? Anyone every try it?

2. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. Bruinfan1

Bruinfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spring Mountain flyover of the railroad tracks and I-15 has no sidewalks IIRC. No problem once you get across the highway - I'd suggest using the bus from TI if you're that interested. And it's definitely more than one mile from the Strip. 2 probably.

Haven't visited Chinatown, but the restaurants across from the Bank of America didn't look all that interesting. Of course, the best Chinese restaurants never do!

4. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies. I will catch a cab or take the bus. I want to try the Noodle Pot place. Sounds very good and I really enjoy that type of food.

5. Bruinfan1

Bruinfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let us know what you think if you visit - I love good Chinese and it's on the way to the ATM...

...to deposit my winnings, of course! :thumbsup:

6. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that the street with all the massage parlors on it? I went to a WalMart I think on that road

7. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In addition to the I-15 problem it seems a bit more than a mile from LV Blvd. There are some very good places to eat and typical as well as not so typical shops. I like the place but always have a rental.

8. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would take the Boyd shuttle to the Gold Coast on Flamingo.....parallel to Spring Road and then take a cab from there ....basically through neighborhoods but a straight shot.....cheaper too....than from the strip?....road the shuttle once with a lady asking the driver about going to China town and the driver said just stay on the shuttle until you get to the GC and a cab should be about 6 $.....just FYI.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.