1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLife tier question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Nittany1, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got an email from Mlife saying I need 140000 to make Noir.
    On my recent Aria stay I earned about 300000 tier points

My Platinum card expires in June.
    My question is:Does MLife run the program on a June-June basis.

CET runs Jan.-Jan. then you keep your Diamond status for the next 15 months if you hit the minimum 11000 pts.

Do I go back to zero on July 1 or is it some kind of cumulative effect if you keep earning points?

I figured Shifter or one of the other MLife experts might know.
    Thanks

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your tier credits expire a year after they were earned, but its a rolling system so that if you make multiple trips in a year they don't all expire at once.

Example would be: if you made 3 trips to Las Vegas last year in January, May and August then the points you earned in January 2011 would expire at the end of January 2012, but you would still have your points from May and August 2011.

Then at the end of May the points you earned in May 2011 would expire, but you would still have your August 2011... until August 2012 when they would expire.

So this recent stay where you earned the 300,000 MLife points... you will have those points until the end of the month, 12 months after you earned those points.

For the expire date on your card: that is set to 12 months after you attained the tier and got your upgraded card. Its basically the same idea as the points, they just have the expire date on there so that you don't go walking around with a Platinum card for a few years to come if you haven't earned it.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Jan-Jan that CET uses is way easier to know your status.

With MGM - it is very difficult to know where you stand. I have a PLAT card that is due to expire in October. I have been over and under the qualifier over the past year, and have no idea if I will be renewed in October or not. I am over the bar right now, but points will surely drop off between now and then.

Nobody at mlife knows the answer - or at least those I have talked to.

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you have to know when your trips were. the TCs from each trip expire 1 year from when they were earned. so if you had a big trip in June that got you the platinum card those TCs will roll off at the end of the month. so if you're not planning on going back until later this year, you'll have to check your TC balance right before your trip in order to know how many you need to reach Noir.

however, one thing you should know is my host said they are talking about changing Noir back to the old system and making it harder to attain. so 1M TCs won't get you Noir anymore, it will be invite only again and you'll need 100k actual loss or theo per year to get an invite. but right now that's just talk.

5. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they do go back to the old system that Noir tag will carry a lot more weight. I know Vegas locals that are Noir based on 50 trips in a year, and they are not really big players.

6. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah, that's the idea. you used to never see Noir cards outside of the HL rooms and even then it was rare. now everybody and their dog is Noir and it's lost it's exclusivity. it's not hard to get 1M TCs if you come several times per year or if you're a local even if you play at a fairly low level.

at CET you can earn 7 stars, you don't have to be invited, but it's really hard to get. if they made it 2M TCs to get Noir then it would be on par with CET. at 1M it's just too low.

7. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the replys.

Definitely more confusing than CET but I understand it now.
    Since my two trips in 2011 were June and late Dec.I guess I will see a lot of tier credits drop off at the end of this month.
    Still plenty to be Platinum but will not hit Noir.

Making Noir harder to attain and more exclusive does make sense.Unfortunately for me, my theo is not what they would want without several more trips a year.
    Maybe I should say fortunately!

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If MGM changes Noir, they are in a real pickle. It will just piss a bunch of QUALITY players off. Somebody should have thought about that before they changed it. But, of course that would require some decent management skills. What really is crazy is all the signs they have made about "Noir". They really did not need to do that. CET has very few 7-Stars signs. Those people know what they get, etc.

In reality, I think the convoluted way they track and measure points (roll on, roll off) will drop many from NOIR over time anyways. People can not maintain that level for many years without going belly up.

9. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great point NoStress!!

10. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they used to have signs with a silver Noir moon on a black background and nothing else. nobody knew what it meant unless you knew. then they went and publicized Noir by adding the card to all the billboards and adding the word Noir to all the signs. this along with making it so much easier to obtain just watered down the whole thing. big mistake to piss off your biggest players by telling them they don't mean anything anymore because anybody can get a Noir card.

of course you're right that now they're in a pickle because they've given these cards out to so many people. these people are stoked to have a fancy new card and won't like it when they take it away from them. i doubt they will take it away until the card expires in a year, but then you'll get a lot of people who still have over 1M TCs and get their new platinum card wondering what happened.

11. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are we certain the points roll off after a year? I only ask because I only recall my poinbts rolling off at the end of each quarter. Could be that I'm simply not paying close enough attention. But I take enough gambling trips a year where I think I would notice points expiring more frequently than I have happened to notice

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  12. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i know some of my TCs rolled off early this month from my trips last May.

13. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will start paying closer attention. I know I played large (for me) mid-July last year. I will watch to see if I have any points roll off next month

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  14. Brensan

Brensan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I'll be one of those Noir's that gets downgraded to Platinum, I'm sure. I currently have about 1.5M, but can't see it going any higher. But I can't complain, I've always been treated well, and certainly didn't see any change from Platinum to Noir!

No one asked me, :ssst: but I think they should keep the current Noir level, and make a new super duper secret level for all of you GENUINE High Rollers!:thumbsup:

15. MangoPort

MangoPort High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suppose there's the option of adding another tier, I'm sure they can come up with something equally as intimidating as 'noir'. But now you've got 6 different levels.

16. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only seen a Noir card once playing the DD Bellagio game in the higher limit area among the general population. Guy gets $10k from his credit line, plays crazy / deviating from basic strategy, loses $10k in five hands and asks for $20k for the table with worse rules on the other side of the pit. Comes back 15 minutes later, cursing in Greek, and drops another $20k before cursing his luck and going God knows where else. They should give the guy any MILFe card with any colour and tier name he asks for as long as he pays off his markers.

Twenty minutes later, I'm up several hundred and some guy who looks down on his luck wanted some money. The pit had to tell the guy to leave when I stopped playing until the guy left me alone. Two other players thought he was with me. It was a pretty bazaar session, but thankfully a profitable session. Not so for the Mad Greek.

17. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I as a happy Platinum until I was unexpectedly bumped up to Noir last fall when they lowered the tier level. It seems to me that my comp offers have declined significantly since I became a Noir. Thankfully, my hosts at NYNY and Mirage seem to be able to bump up my comps a bit on their own, so I'm not seeing any obvious decline in what I get per trip. Because my Vegas trips are generally just a couple of months apart, I've seen the tier credits hover at around the same number (about 1.5 mil) during the entire time that I've been a Noir. But I don't feel I'm getting any more special treatment in Vegas than I did as a Platinum (though, I must say, I did feel that being Noir made a small difference when I went to the Beau Rivage in March). So seeing the Noir go back to invite-only would probably lessen my disappointment in what it has meant to be one!

Getting back to the point of the original post, you can check the expiration schedule of your points at the kiosks near the mLife desk at both NYNY and Mirage, and I presume at the other MGM properties too. It's been a while since I last checked mine, but I believe you could look ahead at least a few months, if not the entire year.

18. KingBBInLV

KingBBInLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM won't be going back to the old requirements for NOIR, if anything they will add a new higher level.

And all you people complaining because some of us locals achieved NOIR status without losing $200,000 last year should just can it. It's still not that easy to get over 1,000,000 tier credits. Just because you come in 3-4 times a year and drop $50,000 each trip, that doesn't make you all that special lol. :nono::evillaugh:Þ:Þ

19. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like everything else, its all relative. Last month I lost 2.2 million tier credits. No biggie, its just what I earned the year prior for that month. Now I'm down to 15.1 million. Where do I go from here?!?

The answer was suggested earlier; a higher level. CET has it, although i've only heard of one idiot having it; the Chairman's Club which was given to the dipshit who lost 100+ million and then sued the place claiming they encouraged his degeneracy w/ pills.

Shifter -- danm right I remember the days when I'd see the black and white cresecent moon which would steer my direction.....now, its a thing of the past.

20. MangoPort

MangoPort High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The idea of 'expiring credits' or a rolling 12 months at the highest level is silly. If someone like Shifter takes a year off from gambling it would be a mistake to not simply give him his NOIR card the moment he asks for a similar line of credit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.