1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

RAO's menu

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by LV_Bound, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would really like to try RAO's at Caesars and checked their onLine menu for Lunch and it was very sparse.
    My wife didn't see much. For anyone who recently been there can you confirm if the online menu is complete or does the actual menu have much more?

2. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't had lunch there, so sorry if this is non-responsive, but Rao's is one of my favoriate spots in all of Vegas. Always had dinner there however. Do yoruself a favor and go enjoy the place.

3. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They generally show partial menus online as an example of their offerings.

We've been to Rao's and enjoyed it very much.
    There will be lunch specials and other delights on the menu, so if you're in the mood for some nice Italian, you should definitely try it out.
    Not as much ambience as at the dinner hour but you will still enjoy the food.

4. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm just posting another thumbs up for Rao's. In addition to great food I also found them to have great service. I tend to be a late eater and I have gone there very close to closing and they made sure they got my order in and that I was well fed.

5. Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was our third visit to Rao's and possibly our last. We started with the meatballs as we have done in the past and they didn't disappoint. The bread basket seemed like yesterday's and without good bread at an Italian place..... *Service was slow and not very attentive. *Next came the pasta, spaghetti and bolognese. I cannot say it was not good, but compared to Sinatra's at Encore, this wasn't even close. For the main entree we chose Uncle Vincent's Famous Lemon Chicken. If this is famous, I am not sure why. It was over cooked, dry and very tart. For dessert we finished with Profiteroles. They were good but not memorable. *
    Rao's seems to have slipped, maybe do to the head chef Carla leaving to start on her own. *But with so many choices in Vegas and in my opinion a much better Italian choice in Sinatra's, this could be the third and final visit to once one of my favorite restaurants in Vegas.*

6. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also had the meatballs last week and the spaghetti and bolognese. To me the meatball has to much filling and was not balanced by meat. The meatballs at Martorano's is 100 times better. The bolognese is to tomato tasting, than meat sauce. Like it was made from jar sauce. For the best bolognese go to Circo next door at Bellagio. Order the Pici Toscani. It is a hand-rolled thick spaghetti bolognese. The sauce is made like you would get in Italy. It is so good.

7. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where did the head chef go?

8. Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She opened her own place at Tropicana called Bacio. I haven't heard good or bad.

9. SuperK

SuperK Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually she opened 2 places. She also owns and created the menu at Bratalian at eastern and horizon ridge.
    She does spend her time at Bacio. We have been twice and have seen her there both times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.