1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Using Offers but Not Playing

Discussion in 'Comps' started by goodguys, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goodguys

goodguys Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys,

I got an offer from the Mirage:

3 nights in 1 bedroom suite
    Limo transfer
    $500 Mirage dollars

I was just wondering if there are any implications if I go and use all these benefits but don't gamble at all. Mostly worried about getting backcharged for any of the Mirage dollars or hotel stay

I don't have any express comps and I don't really mind that they never send me offers again.

Thanks for the help!

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to read the fine print in your offer.

If there is anything in there like "offer based on player maintaining historic levels of play" or something like that then it leaves the window open for them to charge you for the room and services if you totally stiff them.

That said, there are very very few offers from MGM properties that include that condition in their fine print.

As well, if you are traditionally a table games player it should be fairly easy to just claim that you played a certain amount, like "What are you talking about? That first night I played four hours of blackjack at $250 a hand and then probably another 7 hours on the next day!"

And finally, in order to use the "Mirage Dollars" you have to be able to charge to room, however if at check in you opt to not charge to room you will lose the "Mirage Dollars" but likely they won't take any credit card info from you.

And by that I mean: I stayed at Aria in April for three nights on an offer for a room comped 3 nights and $250 in free play. When I booked the room they didn't take my credit card number and when I checked in they asked me if I wanted to be able to charge to room, I said no, and they didn't take my credit card number then either. So the whole time I was there they never got my credit card information and thus if I had totally stiffed them they wouldn't be able to charge me anything...

But as for stiffing them: just keep in mind that if you totally stiff them then its likely your future offers will suffer badly, from Mirage and other MGM properties.

3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a similar offer from Mirage. In my offer it does say "A daily resort fee may be added to your room account". I gotta think if you stiff them, they are going to charge this.

4. y2mulder

y2mulder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why not give them some play?? You must have done it at some point to get an offer like that. What happened??

5. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The limo transfer back to the airport might leave you in the desert.....lol

Seriously, wouldn't it put a damper on the trip if a host said something to you before you left about stiffing the property? Of course, offers are based on past play so I am assuming you spent some money there previously. But, going on the trip with the intention of stiffing must kill your karma...

6. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, they won't.

Nick:beer:

7. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yet to be screwed by an MGM other than nyny

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will be fine.

But, that is the last offer you may get.

There have been a few reports about NYNY playing games. Personally, if that happened, I would argue that I did play and their damn system is screwed up and did not track my play.

9. LV_Bound

LV_Bound Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your current offers are based on previous trips.
    They are expecting that you will be gambling enough to cover the free rooms and free play. As a result, each free trip you are essentially starting in a hole. So if you don't gamble at all then in their eyes you were over comped and it will probably reflect in future comps.

10. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just so you are aware, you will not get the limo back to the airport if you did not give the expected play. They do check that before arranging it for you on the way out. There is a chance they could get your for resort fees if they chose to because of the fine print, but they are not normally charged on fully comped rooms.

And as you are rightly expecting, not only will your comps decline, but they will cease if you did not give them the same or more play that got you to that offer to begin with.

11. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find that funny, as last year I had a MGM comp for 3 free nites and I had not been in over a year due to getting pregnant and such, and there was NO resort fee. I went this April played a lot and got over 34k in points in a few days but now i have BOGO rooms, buy a nite get another free, or I have Excalibur free, but still am charged a resort fee for my fully comped room.. why charge a resort fee on a fully comped room, especially at Excalibur!?

12. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM properties are "supposed" to only charge resort fees on fully comped rooms but charge the resort fees on partial comped rooms. I guess it is at their discretion to do whatever they want though. LOL Maybe once you get there, you will find that it is waived.....

13. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It says on the offer may be charged but when i called they said there is a fee.. grrrrrrr

14. goodguys

goodguys Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the feedback guys - really appreciate it. The lady on the phone told me that everything was fine as well when I booked the trip.

Main reason why I don't care about future comps is that I usually go to Vegas with friends/family who play enough to have everything and more covered. This trip is more to accompany some friends who are going so my play won't be corresponding to the level that matches the comps.

That being said, I'm sure the amount I lose will still cover the costs to the hotel for providing the comps :)

Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.