1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Good scotch selection near Aria/Cosmo?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by ICallHimGamblor, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICallHimGamblor

ICallHimGamblor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every night when I am in Vegas, I stop by Cut at the Palazzo for a scotch after dinner. They have a HUGE and interesting selection and are always great with recommendations.

It looks like I am not going to get a decent offer from the Mirage or Venetian before my next trip and am going to have to stay at Aria. Not a good location for wandering by Cut for a quick scotch.

What are my options at the Aria and Cosmo? I am looking for a good and varied selection and knowledgeable and friendly bartenders.

2. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Andre's next-door at the Monte Carlo has a whisky & cigar lounge upstairs with tons of Scotches, Bourbons, Cognacs, Armagnacs, etc. - plus, if you smoke cigars, they have a big selection of them & you can smoke them while you're drinking - they'll even recommend which cigars might go best with what you're drinking.

They have a very good selection in the bar inside the Carta Privada HL blackjack room - I don't know everything they have, but one night another guy & I were playing BJ in there & kept asking for different single malts & harder to find blends and they brought us everything we asked for. God knows how much they'll charge you in there if you're not playing, though.

American Fish has about two dozen single-malts, but nothing too rare - but the bar has a good small bites menu & a decent vibe.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  3. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would check out the Mandarin Bar at the Mandarin Oriental. The view is so awesome and I'm sure they have a scotch to fit your liking.

4. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any bar that has this:

[​IMG]

... has a good scotch selection.

View Bar in Aria has it.

5. ICallHimGamblor

ICallHimGamblor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for this... Andre's sounds perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.