1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Planet Hollywood Dining

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by les303, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. les303

les303 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all.. I will be staying at Planet Hollywood in July for the first time.. (normally stay at CP). I have heard some good things about "Strip House" has anyone eaten there recently and if so would you recommend it for a nice dinner? Thanks!

2. Polemarch28

Polemarch28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't comment on strip house - but I will say that the Planet Dailies (or whatever the cafe is) is actually a pretty good 24-hour spot to grab decent food at a decent price. My gf nagged me to take her back there for Lo Mein again!

3. les303

les303 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks... we will be sure to check the Cafe out... my GF also loves Lo Mein. :thumbsup:

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've not been to Strip House either but a friend of my husband eats there each trip and said it was his fav steak house in LV & he's tried just about all of them. I also agree with Polemarch that Planet Dailies is very good - surprisingly good. Good luck on your trip - have a great time!!

5. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoyed Striphouse when I ate there a couple trips back, excellent food and good service too.

6. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You got Earls and that's all you'll need. I pretty much lived off of that last time I was there.

7. xberzerkx

xberzerkx Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ^agree

Planet Dailies cafe is good and the Spice Market buffet isn't bad either.
    You also have all the different food options that are located in the Miracle Mile shops.

8. carlyzmom

carlyzmom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree as well! LOL Seriously one of the best meals we had there!

9. redsoxmom5

redsoxmom5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto!!!

10. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there on my last trip (Oct 2010) and was not overly impressed.

Nothing was "bad", mind you. Just not what you'd expect from a truly high end steak and not worth the money.

For the cow you get, you're better off going to one of the more discounted places. And if you want a steak to wow you, this isn't the place as far as I'm concerned.

11. irmster

irmster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never had a bad meal at Strip house in about 4 visits. Maybe not the best, but pretty decent.

Planet Dailies is OK if you want a less formal meal (and of course Earl of Sandwich when you get the munchies at 4am!).

12. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Strip House is top notch in my book.... probably 8 trips now, and their ribeye hasn't disappointed yet. I like a crusted ribeye, and theirs has tremendous texture while locking in the juicy, bloody good stuff that makes a a m/r ribeye a standout.

Planet Dailies is one of the better coffee shops on the east side of LVB. I liked Zanzibar better, but PD fills the void. as far as the Earl.... eh.... It's not bad, but it's status on this board isn't justified. I'm a NY deli guy, and Earl is just decent.

Nick:beer:

13. les303

les303 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. Sounds like we'll have plenty of decent food options at PH.. and we will give Strip House a try also. Thanks again!
    :nworthy:

14. Vegas Name Ron Mexico

Vegas Name Ron Mexico Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im gonna be a broken record, but.......... yes, hit Earl's. But be prepared to wait in a long line if you go during peak hours. Great sandwiches. Its been a must for me for the last 4yrs (annual visits).

15. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm another broken record for Planet Dailies -- We love the breakfast there. The Earl is great for a quick sandwich (and a cheap one!), too. We thought the buffet was OK but nothing to pull us back there ever. Granted, we're not really buffet lovers, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.