1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sharing a good customer service story!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a Nighthawk Carbon Monoxide alarm that started acting funny, The led display which normally reads zero, kept dropping out and not reading anything, except for the tiny flashing dot, that says it's working. I went through the manual and this issue isn't discussed, so I called customer service.

We went through some reset procedures and he couldn't figure out the problem. He says the unit is 6 yrs old but they have a life expectancy of 7 years, so I'm sending you a new one!:nworthy: Wow!
    The unit manufacturer is Kidde and they are $30 on Amazon. They also make smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, escape ladders.

If only all customer service was like that. Just wanted to share a great customer service story.

I know if I ever need home fire safety products in the future, I'm looking at products from Kidde first.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  2. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great!!

Probly makes up for some of the idiots you've dealt with.

3. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to hear, Joe.

It's becoming a rarity and nice to hear the problem is being dealt with to your satisfaction.

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! I need to update an older CO detector and now I know what to zero in on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.