1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest extends reservation system

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Jimbo338, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest has extended its reservations system to January 4, 2013. On July 9th they plan to extend the date to March 8, 2013. Happy planning folks!

Jimbo338

2. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    THANKS.......we are planning on going the first week of April 2013........any idea when they will go that far in advance.

3. Gandolf One

Gandolf One Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest released travel dates for 12/12

Yes! Thank you Southwest!

I just booked our December Christmas trip through Southwest air. Not awful- non stop round trip from Buffalo over Christmas week for 2 under $800. Yes, it's definitely higher than I wanted it to be, but after bad luck on flight for our March trip, direct, non stop is worth an extra $100 to me. Figured prices would keeping climbing for travel around the holiday travel season so decided to take the plunge.

It's so great to have any countdown timer at all (even one 6 months out).

If prices get better a day or so earlier, I'll probably rebook with SW- anyone ever done this? Nice to see that there isn't a rebooking penalty!

Now to hunt down hotel ressies :drunk:

4. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I have cancelled and rebooked at a lower price several times. It is done often here and is pretty simple. I don't know if I ever used the credit since I usually only fly once a year. In years gone by you could sell or give the credit away and someone else could use it by simply entering your name and confirmation number when they paid online but SWA eliminated that a few years back. Considering other airlines charge $50-75 or more to change flights, it is still a good perk........and your bags fly free! Good luck hotel hunting!

jimbo338

5. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked our November flights to Vegas first thing this morning. Grabbed a 10:55 am non-stop to Vegas from Chicago Midway, and used 17,640 RR points for two one-way tickets, plus $5 for the Security fee. Then I picked out a 1:00 pm non-stop return to MDW for $158 (147 + taxes & fees) ... and also used a $36 credit I had on file ... for a final cost for the two one-way tickets returning back to MDW of $280. It all worked out better than I thought the prices would be.

We already had our September flights booked and 7 free nights downtown, but no rental car yet ... prices still high.

And now the November flights are booked, but room offers won't come out for a couple months.

6. Brian23

Brian23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone have a promo code for southwest? Tickets are $450 round trip out of Houston.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.