1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo upgrade ???

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by lljimll, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lljimll

lljimll Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hi all
    my wife and i will be in vegas this sunday for a week, so i called out to the flamingo today to confirm my "go deluxe" reservation. gave the girl on the phone my conformation number and she said i was in the computer for the week but she shows a "go luxury room with view". when i went on to "my TR" on the computer it list my reservations as go deluxe but when i click to veiw it changes to "Go luxury with veiw. it is funny about two weeks ago they sent me a e-mail and asked if i wanted to upgrade to a "go luxury" for $20.00 a night more. i never replied back to them. now my question is does anyone out there think i could try the $20 or $50 trick at checkin to get a "Go mini suite" or should i just stay quiet and take this upgrade for nothing since 5 of the 7 nights are comp nights.
    thanks jimmy :beer:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  2. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it would be worth trying the 20.00 trick and if it doesn't work, you get to keep your 20.00 and still get an upgrade for free.

Kindly,
    K-9treatbaker

3. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not unusual for the CET props to automatically upgrade diamond guests a few days prior to their arrival, I've had this happen many times and have seen it discussed on this board before. I'm betting that's what happened to you...congrats!

The upgrade request with a tip is your choice, nothing to lose. It's not like they will take your upgrade away.

Enjoy! The GO rooms are some of my faves!
    diane

4. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, normally done automatically for Diamond. Since I dropped back to Platinum, I haven't received any automatic ones, but normally receive the e-mail offer. Last time since I had booked Go Luxury with view the offer was for a Go Mini for $30 a night or Neopolitan for $100 a night.

5. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    im platnium and was upgrade with out asking at harrahs over memorial day weekend

6. Vegas Name Ron Mexico

Vegas Name Ron Mexico Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You guys must be some ballers. :nworthy:

7. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL - with a couple of trips a year it doesn't take very long at all to move up to Platinum. My budget is $400 a day (yes I know that's a lot for some people on here but others leave tips for that amount). Two five day trips get me to Platinum very easily. Four trips get me to Diamond (which is why I am no longer Diamond!). I could increase my daily budget to get to Diamond but don't want to do that. I'm fine where I am at.

8. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a big difference between Go Deluxe and Go Luxury? I'm thinking of a two-day stay there in December (really living on the wild side and changing up hotels just for the heck of it -- usually stay at Paris). Just trying to decide which to book....

9. lljimll

lljimll Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the go deluxe has a garden/pool view and the Go Luxury has the strip view.

we ended up with room 24058 (close to the elevators) with a very nice view of the water show, but if we didn't get the free upgrade i think the pool/garden view would have been nice too.:beer:

10. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! Can't decide whether or not to take a chance on the Flamingo or just be status quo and book Paris again. :)

11. lljimll

lljimll Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we just stayed there 6/10 thru 6/17 (GO Luxury room) for the first time (we used to stay at MGM and Rio but decided to try center strip this time. we found it to be very nice and every employee that we ran into were very nice and helpfull. the only thing that we had a little problem with was returning to the selfparking garage on friday night (about 10:30) and could not find a place to park. (i should have known better being a friday night in LV). other then that one problem we enjoyed ourselfs very much and was able to walk out to the strip any time we wanted. we would book the flamingo again in the future. have a great trip.

12. trellaine

trellaine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Updated rooms?

Perfect thread for me to post. I remember the flamingo way back when. The rooms have been updated recently?? I was going to drop by on Mon or Tuesday for a few nights.

I always wanted to try the flamingo, but due to it being outdated? I kept passing every visit to Vegas.

How are the rooms etc? The location is very good. And they have a pool correct?

I found a decent price I dont mind paying for a GO Deluxe room.

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.