1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo Fab Luxury Opinions

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by K-9treatbaker, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello Everyone,

Okay, I called the Flamingo and got a Fab Luxury room comped for our 4 nights Sept. 3-6th. The reservationist told me that the Fab Luxury rooms were on the high floors and had a view of Bellagio fountains.

Here is my quandry, I have read many reviews on Trip advisor and I must say the reviews seem to be pretty grim as far as the Flamingo Fab Rooms. It seems the most reviews stated were the rooms were not clean, mattresses thin, etc. And I do realize reviews sometimes have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Has anyone recently stayed in a FAB luxury room and what did you think about it? Cleaninless and a comfortable bed are important. Since this is comped, I kept the reservation, just want to be a bit more informed if possible.

Also, will the pool be super crowded on the dates we are going to be there? I know they have more than one pool, just wondering what the vibe might be like then. Something a bit more laid back, but not dead would be ideal. LOL

Thanks in Advance. Feel free to PM me as well if you wish.

K-9treatbaker

2. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you page down in this forum, there are alot of Flamingo room and pool posts that should give you all the information you need. There are quite a few.

Fab room is nice, I've stayed in one twice and was always very clean (and I look). Recently remodeled, nothing really fancy, but perfectly fine. I think most reviews that slam this room are people who mistakenly thought they booked at Wynn.

The matress is a pillowtop, but is the hardest pillow top I've ever slept on. It was very firm. Certainly not thin, those were the old deluxe rooms.

Pool is full of 20 somethings, great area, but laid back it ain't. Sept will be a little better with colleges back in session, I would think.
    diane

3. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only real complaint I have seen about the FAB luxury is that in nearly all rooms the bathrooms were not redone. From the pics I have seen they still look fine - just like a plain hotel bathroom without any bells & whistles.

One point though however, is that View rooms may be south towards Bellagio Fountains (which is what has the better view) while others may face directly to the strip & then you get a not quite as exciting view of Caesars as well as the club noise.

I THINK the south views are numbered around 024 - 060 if I remember correctly.

4. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was comped for a FAB Luxury room this past February. We recieved a room on the 22nd floor directly facing Ceasars Palace, and yes the noise from the nightclub kept us awake. The biggest problem however, was the fact that the room was not clean. There were dust bunnies all over the bathroom floor and crumpled up receipts behind the toilet. I usually stay at low end CET properties as those are the only ones we are comped for. We do not expect fancy, but we were disappointed.We did politely discussed our issue with the room with the front desk after our first night, we were moved to a GO room for no extra charge.
    We are returning in November, again comped in a FAB room. We will try it again. I will ask for a room that is not facing Ceasars, I frankly don't mind the pool view at all.

5. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Diane. I have read some of the reports on this forum in other threads and I am going to re read them again.

It seems like I may be worrying for nothing. I hope so.

And I am going to try the 20.00 trick and maybe get a Go room.

Karen/K-9treatbaker

6. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BTodd,

Thanks for your input. If we get a dirty room, I will be calling the front desk.LOL

Many years ago, I was a maid for a motel chain, so I know how a room should be cleaned.

My husband told me to just pack the Lysol and be quiet.LOL

K-9treatbaker/Karen

7. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So if your husband thinks you should pack the Lysol, does that mean he will be cleaning the room on vacation...?..LOL!

I have nothing but good things to say about the Flamingo room housekeeping I've stayed there at least 100 nights over the last several years. Incidents do happen, as they do at every hotel chain (I spend about 150 nights per year in Hilton hotels), my standard process is I DO NOT unpack until I check out the room. If I unpack and then find a problem, I am more likely to "settle" and fix it myself.

My 3 teens and I checked into a Flamingo GO room on July 4th last year about 8pm. We were dead tired and starving, arrived at the room and the maid was just finishing up. I told her we would just drop the suitcases and we were headed out to eat anyway, then tipped her $5 and asked for extra towels and shampoo. She absolutely beamed.

When we returned to the room, there were at least 10 towels and 15+ shampoos, lotions, conditioners, etc... She had placed our luggage on the luggage racks in the closet and had the room just perfect. We were absolutely beat when we returned and this kindness went a long way to starting our trip off well.

When I stayed at the Flamingo in March this year, I had left the room in the morning of my first day and left a few $$ on the pillow for the maid. When I returned, the room was cleaned (perfectly) and the maid was next door and saw me enter my room. She knocked on my door, which really surprised me, introduced herself and thanked me for the tip. She said she was responsible for the rooms halfway down this hall, and a few just around the corner. If I needed anything at all, she would be in that area and to please, just ask. I'm solo and bring my own toiletries due to allergies, so I'm pretty low maintenance, but it was awful nice of her. She greeted me as 'Hello Mrs Bueler!" each time I saw her in the hall after that.

I think you're fretting for nothing (as I did on my first trip there) and you are going to have a FAB trip!
    diane

8. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    K-9 probably knows very well then than in every job there are people that don't perform up to par. I haven't encountered anything bad at Flamingo either. When I came back (after just one night), the maid was inside the shower scrubbing it out. For pete's sake I wouldn't even expect that until after I had checked out for the next person!! I definitely don't scrub my shower daily at home!

No different than the odds of getting a great waitress and one that just stinks, lol.

9. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have chosen a great week for the Flamingo

Those dates that you have chosen are presently at a very low rate at the Flamingo and some of the other hotels.

Since they are free.... you should play the $20. trick of a tip to be upgraded.

I have noticed that the Maids will do everything they can just to get a few dollars of tips. I write them a note to ask for certain things that need to be cleaned in the room and leave a few dollars. When I return to the room....
    everything I wanted done is cleaned up real good.

It must cheer them up to see a tip left for them.

All hotels sometimes may have a cleaning problem. Nobody brags about how nice their room was.... most people like to complain about how bad their room was. They can't compare a cheapy hotel to a Wynn hotel. Most people try to do that when they complain. I believe them when they say they found
    a dirty room when they walked into the room. All they have to do is go back to the front desk and change rooms. If I don't like the view I change rooms.

There is nothing wrong with the Flamingo beds. They are nice and clean and comfortable for PRINCESS ME. Plus, the rooms are spacious.

Why do some people have to have a super fancy bathroom? As long as the toilet and the shower works that is all that is necessary.
    Fancy bathrooms are at fancy hotels where you pay more money.

My advise is to not worry and just be happy you have the free rooms.
    You are not staying at Motel 6.

Regarding "Trip Advisor.".... that's the place to go complain about a room if the hotel personnel doesn't try to help you with a room problem.
    People go there to slam dunk a hotel.... or rave about a wonderful experience at a hotel. It is a good place to complain and take your revenge on that hotel that treated you badly.

10. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And as a further comment to follow-up Lucy's - the opinion forum Lucy mentioned will also get a lot of totally invalid reviews. I have read some recently where they indicated they just stayed there. Complained about a restaurant that hasn't existed for about 4 years, etc. So either they are trying to bring up a multi-year old complaint or the entire review is just b.s. So definitely take a lot of those with a grain of salt. You should be able to tell when you read one if it's valid or not.

(And yes I do write them there too.)

11. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi duelber,

Thank you for your response and the hunmor. No, I probably would have to clean the room if the lysol is packed. LOL.

Anyway, now I feel much better after reading the responses from everyone.

I know I am being obsessed, but it is due to the fact, we haven't been to Vegas in 8 years (bad economy and finally sold our house) and now I want a super nice vacation. Whick I know we will have.

The bathroom is no biggy for me. Clean and functional is fine. Afterall, how much time are you in the bathroom?

I will be sure and try the 20.00 trick and I always tip maids. I appreciated it when I was one.

Thanks again,, now I feel better.:)

K-9treatbaker

12. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jgates8,

I agree and I am worrying for nothing. I just need to get to Vegas.

Now that I am not worryiing about the room, I just hope the pool isn't something out of a college frat house.LOL Hopefully, many will be back in school.

Thanks,
    K-9treatbaker/Karen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.