1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Advantages to staying on a lower floor?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by TuneinTokyo, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TuneinTokyo

TuneinTokyo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are there any? I don't mind especially since I'm the first one down the stairs in an emergency. I'm also not fond of elevators.

Is that something you can request and not have to tip?

Do they reserve those rooms only for when the hotel is sold out?

I was starting to think of requesting a lower room for the five nights I will be at MSS but then I remembered about the train, so that probably won't happen.

Any one else know what goes on on floor 2?

2. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Train noise is not going to be significantly different from a low floor to a high one.

I say go for it.

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You won't have to tip them for it, just ask for a low floor when you make your reservation and then remind them when you get there at check in.

I am sure there are people that request lower floors, but the majority of people request higher floors.

Do they reserve them until the hotel is sold out: no, but they might not have them available if they don't need them. IE: they won't want one person on floor 2, three on floor 3, one on floor 4... when they could just have them all on one floor.

4. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most ladder trucks only reach up to about the 8th.floor

Or so I'm told by my FF Friends.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to always request a high floor at MSS and we'd end up 14 or higher. My wife is now convinced there is less humidity as you go higher and therefore more nosebleeds, dry skin etc.

I was very skeptical but I must admit since we started staying lower the last few trips, I'm starting to think she is on to something. No proof, just anecdotal evidence.

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes it's easier to check in early if you're willing to take a lower floor. I actually checked in at Sahara some years ago at about 8:00am in the morning. "If you'll take a room on 5 I can check you in now. If you want something higher, come back about noon."

7. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Know why I prefer lower floors? Not getting on the "milk truck" elevator and stopping on every floor. Yes. I'm impatient.

8. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This would be why I would want to stay on a lower floor, if I ever do.

(hehe, "milk truck" elevator)

9. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I am on a low floor, I am more apt to use the stairs, and I can always use a little exercise. My preference is the top floor though. I can sit and look out the window in a new city for hours, especially a city full of lights.

10. Alasted

Alasted Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's why I like the lowest floor on the highest elevator bank.

11. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is true for MGM but have not encountered this while staying at NYNY.

Some rooms at MGM are close to a busy street and would prefer a higher floor. The last time we stay on the side looking at hooters you can hear the traffic a lot.

Overall, I guess the location of the hotel to adjacent noises plays a big part.

12. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed on low floors twice and was not happy. Back in 2004 Bally's 5th or 7th floor (don't remember which) north tower facing Barbary Coast (at that time) spotlights on the overhanging roof below ours shining in our room no matter how tight we got the drapes closed...and sirens all night.

Paris 4th floor facing Bally's...absolutely NO light came in that window at all, made the room dark and depressing all day. Now I try to get a high room, I do admit that I like a view, doesn't have to be the strip, I love looking out for miles to the mountains.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.