1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anybody try Spirit?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Daniel2011, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel2011

Daniel2011 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally I fly Alaska Air but I'm seeing that Spirit Airlines is only 201 Round trip from Portland to Las vegas and thats including all taxes and fees including baggage fees.

I was just wondering if it would be worth it to book it or if should just pay the extra 30 bucks a person and stick with Alaska who i've flown with many times

2. TommyToledo

TommyToledo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Literally everyone I know who has flown Spirit has a horror story, to some it's worth it for the low price. It may just be up to you to decide if it's worth it to you.

3. Stacks O. Purple

Stacks O. Purple Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would vote for Alaska. Spirit has so many fees that there's no way I would fly them. My wife flew them a few years ago and swore she would fly any other airline before flying them again. They've only gotten worse since then.

4. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have flown Spirit twice and would do so again. Too bad you didn't post this yesterday as they just had a $24 off coupon code. First go to www.seatguru.com and you will see that the seat pitch is 28". My knees almost were touching the seat in front of me, but my flight was only 2.5 hours and it worked for me. If you are over 6' tall and weigh more than 250 lbs, you might have a problem with the seats on Spirit.

You will pay for everything on Spirit: luggage, snacks, drinks, carry on, and having an agent print out the boarding pass. You can print it out yourself at a self serve terminal, no charge. This airline is all about efficiency. By making customers pay for carry on, the overhead bins were nearly empty and the plane loads and unloads faster. Baggage fees pay for the extra weight, thus extra fuel needed to keep it aloft.

I'm not sure I would do it to save $30 but its probably cab fare to your hotel. In my case, I saved about $150 including luggage. Spirit is always having some kind of promotion code or fare sale. Last week they had a $39 ticket from Atlantic City to Orlando for specific dates and for members of the $9 fare club. Sign up for the rewards program you will be notified of future sales.

I think many customer complaints stem from those uninitiated with Spirit's policies.

5. Daniel2011

Daniel2011 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm I think I"ll probably go with Alaska I find their seats pretty comfortable and the service is usually great.

6. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $50 off your next roundtrip purchase on Spirit

Use Promo Code "50OFF" To Save On Your Next Flight!

To receive $50 off* your next roundtrip purchase, just enter 50OFF in the promotion code box when booking a qualifying flight. All flights must be booked by 11:59 PM ET on June 6, 2012 for travel starting from September 5, 2012 through November 14, 2012.

Coupon usage excludes travel into or out of the following markets:
    Lima, Peru

Coupon usage also excludes travel between the following (in both directions):
    Atlantic City to/from Orlando, Boston to/from Myrtle Beach, Dallas/Fort Worth to/from New York-LaGuardia

You have 24 hours to cancel a flight on Spirit without penalty.

7. Daniel2011

Daniel2011 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That wont work because we're going next month and that only works starting in september. Its not a big deal 230 Isn't really that bad for airfare. I could get it lower but I'm finicky about my arrival and departure times. Don't want to late or to early!

Its one reason I"m making this trip one day longer then I had planed. Probably staying one night at flamingo before going off to Planet Hollywood the next day since we're getting in later the first night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.