1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sage signature tasting menu

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by teaboy, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teaboy

teaboy Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello all,

1. I'm thinking about trying the Sage signature tasting menu. I was wondering how long I should allot for this, since I have a show at the Bellagio at 10PM.

2. Are the portions pretty small, or will the entire meal satisfy my hunger? I'm not looking to gorge myself, but I'd like to be full.

Thanks.

2. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've had two meals at Sage the past few months and both were uniformly excellent - though we went a-la carte & didn't do the tasting menus [though we did have appetizer/entree/dessert/absinthe]

Though really it depends on your appetite, I would probably describe the portions at Sage as on the smaller side - you're not exactly getting a steakhouse-size meal by any stretch of the imagination.

But the food, service & ambiance are all great!

3. craps1

craps1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I strongly second Sage. While I didn't have the tasting menu and ordered A La Carte, it was an exquisite meal to say the least. The plates were a tad on the small side, but I did order an appetizer and it was enough food. I did not go away hungry. The only restaurant I walked away still hungry in Vegas was Michael Mina at the Bellagio....talk about small portions.

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've eaten there twice and both times were great. Portions are reasonable.

5. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the tasting menu and really enjoyed it. I had the beer pairing and my wife had the wine pairing. Portions are on the smaller side but I was completely full at the end (the beer pairing probably had something to do with that).

6. Polemarch28

Polemarch28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just ate here on Thursday. Was going to write a review.

For now I'll just say - it was amazing. My choices:

1. Steak Tartare (I mentioned to the server that I wanted the Foie Gras, so he brought this as well for a $10 upcharge).: This was incredible. I even got my girlfriend to try it, and she agreed it was incredible. Silky smooth, tasted like heaven. Couldn't get enough.

The Foie Gras was also a delight.

2. Bacon-Wrapped Rabbit: Delicious. Of all the courses, this was probably my least favorite, but make no mistake, it was still very very good. My girlfriend got the scallops - if you enjoy seafood it is also an admirable choice.

3. Beef Belly: Delicious. The softest most decadent meat you've ever tasted.

4. Pine Nut Tart: Delicious. Interesting consistency and great flavor.

Summary - This is a very rich meal - not for the faint of heart. The portions are actually decent; larger than I expected. Left this meal full and satisfied. Worth every penny.

7. teaboy

teaboy Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys.

How much time should I set aside for Sage? Would 2 hours be enough?

As for the beer pairing, how much do they give you?

Polemarch, those are the same items I'm planning on getting. :)

8. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I believe it took us around 2 hours.

With the beer pairing, they will bring you a different beer with each course. I told the waiter I really liked one of them and he brought me an extra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.