1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Another Steakhouse question... "Tier 2 and below" places

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by worldtraveler661, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We all talk about the best Steakhouses in Vegas. Cut, Carnevino, STK, SW, Circus Circus, etc. Thats a given that many of those are on the top of the list of steakhouses based on reviews, lists and testimonials.

So what about the places that arent always talked about. I've always wondered about them and at what level are they. Are they good but nothing special?

Gallaghers @ NYNY
    Charlie Palmer @ Mandalay
    Brand @ Monte Carlo
    Bally's Steakhouse
    etc.

2. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Bally's SH is well regarded in an old Vegas sort of way. That room is where the Sterling Buffet is housed on Sundayand it still has a 60s vibe

3. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI - Charlie Palmer is at Four Seasons. It's my overall fav steakhouse in Las Vegas, but I haven't yet tried Carnevino :)

4. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard & read good things about Charlie Palmer but have just never gotten all the way down there to try it.

Does anyone know if it is chargeable/compable if you're staying at an MGM property? I'd probably give it a try one trip if it is.

5. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It maybe hard to switch over to Charlie Palmer if you get a comped meal at Carnevino on your next stay at Pallazzo. :p

6. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next trip, already planning on bookending with Cut on the first night & Carnevino on the last LOL :thumbsup:

7. Alasted

Alasted Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might as well throw in Delmonico for the trifecta. :D

8. craps1

craps1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Charlie Palmer is not generally compable through traditional MGM Mlife express comps or booking to your MGM room. Jilly, however with your play, I wouldn't be surprised if your host gave you a hard comp for it.

9. ABQJeff

ABQJeff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to Gallagher's and Brand, and I found both of them entirely acceptable. The aged NY at Gallagher's is excellent, and the baked potato was the best I've ever had. The sides are huge, but with the exception of the aforementioned potato, good, but not memorable. Tables are notoriously small. I've heard complaints about the service, but honestly, every time I've gone, service has been extremely good.
    I have had a couple of good meals at Brand, but honestly, I don't have any outstanding memories of either visit.

While Gallagher's is perhaps not in the same class as the others, I would recommend trying it. While I don't have anything bad to say about Brand, I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there.

10. Blacklegs22

Blacklegs22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I posted this on another thread, I'll re-post below, as I think Joe's Stone Crab deserves consideration, if perhaps just a cut below the very top contenders...

"I'll add another steakhouse to this list which, after dining there, I feel is extremely underrated, and that's Joe's Stone Crab at the Forum Shops. Forget the Stone Crab Apps (yes, they're very good...) for a minute and dig into their steaks (I believe dry aged?). The signature bone in Filet is the best Filet I have ever eaten anywhere. The sides are massive (get half orders and try several..they are very accomodating in this respect.) and delicious. Service was second to none, and was, relatively speaking, very affordable, particularly compared to what they're listing at places like Carnevino and Cut. If you enjoy a "Chicago Style" steakhouse experience, go to Joe's ( the original is of course in Miami) you will not be dissappointed..."

11. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are Platinum MLife so we don't receive comps at Charlie Palmer. (We don't mind spending our money to dine at CP and stay at Four Seasons, to us those experiences are worth it.) However, at your level of play your host should be able provide comps at Charlie Palmer and Four Seasons if it strikes your fancy. :thumbsup:

12. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had read somewhere [possibly on here] late last year that MGM - or at the very least Mandalay Bay - was going to finally start comping stays at the Four Seasons - so perhaps a "hard" comp isn't even needed for the restaurants anymore too?

13. BTHOthatguy

BTHOthatguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a business dinner at Tender, it was a very pleasant surprise.

14. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd add The Range @ Harrah's to that list. Nice atmosphere, good food. I'll going my first night into town next trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.