1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What would you do for four weekday nights? CP Forum for $334 or Flamingo Fab comped

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by SterlingGuy, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SterlingGuy

SterlingGuy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes the Flamingo is free for four nights (Aug 13-16), but the old girl is old and tired. Would love to stay across the street at Caesars', but the Forum Tower is the worst one (right?). What are the odds of getting upgraded free to a snazzy upgraded tower room at CP? Or should I just settle for the free room at Flamingo and be thankful.

2. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

In mid-August, I would think the chances of an upgrade would be good.
    Personally, I would avoid Flamingo and everything in/near/part of the Linq Project until completion

3. tapakip

tapakip Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go Flamingo and get a Go room at the front desk. I'm going in July, booked a Fab room for $25 a night, and am going to $20 tip my way to a Go room. $100 for 3 nights on the strip is where it's at! More money leftover for Vegas spending.

4. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No Brainer - Flamingo Comped

5. PSM

PSM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $334 can go a long way in Las Vegas, especially with a little luck behind it.

Personally, I'd take the comped room and see what I could do with the $334. Worst case scenario, a couple hours of fun. Best case realistic scenario, it pays for your whole trip with a few lucky hands. Chances are you'll fall somewhere in between, which is not bad at all.

6. amjacob

amjacob Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always take a comped room over paying for one - even if it's at the Flamingo. Afterall, how much time are you really going to spend in the room? The money can be used for other things, such as gambling, shows, food, etc.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I would do Flamingo. All depends on where you tend to play and eat.

8. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I look at everything in terms of more gambling . . . though I do like a comfy room at a nice property as well.

In this case I'd take Flamingo. Caesars has some tired rooms as well, so I'd rather take the cash and gamble more. If it was Palazzo or Cosmo or something I'd jump ship, but not for Caesars' old rooms.

9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For $334 it's an easy Flamingo choice for me for free. The FAB rooms have been refreshed. Not totally redone but new bedding, TV, floors. The bathrooms have not yet been redone (except I guess for a few) but from the pictures I looked at they are no worse than most standard hotels I have stayed at and a LOT better than some LOL!

Depending on occupancy level they may not offer a comp upgrade to a GO room, however you may -

1) receive an e-mail offer normally the Monday of the first full week prior to your trip offering a room upgrade for a defined amount. Check that if you get it to see if it offers GO for a defined rate. Often $25-40 night depending on occupancy. Still cheaper than Caesars.

2) ask for a GO upgrade & what the fee is - often the fee is less than what it is by booking in advance (similar to the e-mail offers)

But always try for comped upgrade first.

As we know you have a CET card then go to the Goldcard members check-in line (unless you are Plat/Diamond - they have a separate room). In March this line was off to the right side of the check-in area. Look for the signs. The standard lines can be horrendous. And most people don't realize this line is there. You may have better success than in the general check-in line also.

I can get a GO comp but I would still do a FAB without hesitation if there were what was available for free.

Easter again..:
  10. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Free is free to me! But, if you have the money then why not go for Caesars?

11. Bookoo1

Bookoo1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you like cheap food options,choose flamingo.

12. Sdebruyne

Sdebruyne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would choose free Flamingo over paying for CP. I could do a lot with the extra money. I don't really spend that much time in the room anyways. Stayed at Flamingo last summer and wasn't thrilled with the place, but free is free!

13. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comped room all the way.

14. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

Heck - why not go to Wynn?????

15. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ???????

flamingo all the way ....nuff said

16. 4dazeoff

4dazeoff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    take the free room and start your trip ahead!! unless it's a special occasion you really should not be paying for a room if you can get one for free! good luck!:beer:

17. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will jump on the "free is free" bandwagon! I would much rather use the $334.00 for gambling...........we are returning to the Flamingo in November. Weekday nights comped, Friday and Saturday not, but not too expensive.
    Have fun!!

18. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe that Caesar's still has rooms below Forum Tower. Do you really want to hike a mile everytime you want to leave the property? That is my ONLY negative for Caesars, if you are a stay put person Caesars otherwise take Flamingo try to upgrade to a GO room and have fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.