1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Top of the World dress code

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by carlyzmom, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlyzmom

carlyzmom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, I have a question - no flames please! My husband is NOT the type of guy who dresses up. We don't even dress up for church. He is planning on wearing nice jeans, a button down long sleeve dress shirt, and nice shoes. Do you think this will be a problem? It says business casual for the dress code. I'll be wearing a long dress.

2. Brian23

Brian23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should be fine. What time are yall eating?

3. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Business casual is not jeans - the rest of the outfit sounds fine but he should go with a pair of khakis or dress pants instead. He should be able to pick up a comfortable pair of pants at The Gap or Banana Republic that would work.

4. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You see everything in even the best restaurants...so I am sure they will not turn you away

5. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think jeans would be a "problem". I just don't think it's appropriate. Jeans are even less comfortable than khaki slacks, which are cooler, lighter, easier to pack and softer, so the "comfort" argument doesn't work here. And if you don't want to respect the dress code of a nicer restaurant, why not go someplace else? Wearing a pair of nice-looking slacks is hardly "dressing up". It's just good manners.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  6. gizmat

gizmat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i cant understand this byass about jeans, if you wear a smart pair of jeans they are acceptable in 95% of good resturants today.

7. jukie

jukie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    dont think many restaurants in Vegas will turn people away whatever they are wearing, despite their dress code

I would also turn up in jeans..I dont own any trousers i have no need for them. we should all be allowed to wear whatever!

8. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy 20th anniversary.

For your 20th, seems like a little dress up is in order, no matter what restaurant you are going to.

The 3 P Trip (Paris and Palms)
  9. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jeans, up until the late 70s/early 80s, were the clothing of the lower and laboring classes. Some people still see them that way. Lower class. There is a time and place for everything, and you say a lot about your own personal standards when you refuse to follow the standards requested by others in their place of business. When folks do "whatever they want" in a venue where others gather, be it public or private, it isn't always proper. Hence the bias against jeans in a nicer restaurant. It's pretty clear if you take the time to think about it. :nono:

10. dean_1492

dean_1492 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just as long as they don't have holes in them. I think that's what gives jeans a bad name. I am not a fan of holy jeans, some are quite classy(not with holes) so I don't think it will be a problem, as long as they have nice color.

11. suecasey

suecasey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice jeans are fine. Especially since he's planning to wear a nice shirt and shoes. No problem.

12. technolight

technolight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wont even wear a pair of jeans in a buffet ?

Because I don't own any.

But I am of the camp that if it requests smart casual , then jeans would def be a no no. Along with shorts and sneakers. I do not want to be the one that everybody is looking at , and saying what a scruff , or must be a High Roller to get in here dressed like that. Of which I am neither.

13. Flyers

Flyers Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They won't turn business away. Jeans will be fine.

14. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is amazing how the answers go beyond the question...At no point did she ask what do you do, how do you dress or should my DH purchase pants yet that is what too many of the answers contain

15. irmster

irmster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would phone to check. Smart casual usually does not mean jeans in my experience.

Dressing down in decent restaurants is one aspect of Las Vegas I really don't care for. We went to the Country Club at Wynn on Christmas day, and the guy in front of us when we arrived was wearing gym shorts and trainers. Why? (They asked him to go change - and he kicked up a real fuss).

Not saying wearing jeans is the same as gym stuff - but still.

16. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your money is green, they are not going to turn you away and jeans are fine.

I wore shorts there for lunch.

My pet peeve is torn or holey t-shirts and you see them in the best restaurants also.

17. cymbals

cymbals Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would a nice pair of Dockers khaki shorts and sandals, with a nice shirt be acceptable?

18. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is why Elvis never wore jeans. He was raised poor and was forced as a poor kid to wear jeans. It is crazy how times have changed.

19. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What about khaki cargo shorts and a $125 pair of Birkenstock sandals? That is my basic get up all summer and I am curious if that is dress casual.

20. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do not agree. If you have a nice pair of jeans (not wal-mart style lee jeans), than it's absolutely acceptable. I think you're thinking of business casual, which should not include jeans. Although this isn't my favorite outfit, here's a good example of what I consider smart casual w jeans:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.