1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

IP, Rio, Riviera, etc. May 17-21

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by gambit78, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gambit78

gambit78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I was mulling about doing a trip report, but I felt I had done one every yr I've been to Vegas, so why stop? It was the best of times the worst of times. As a low roller I've been on a fortunate streak of not losing much or making at least some every trip, but this one? I lost the most at $300 dollars for a long weekend. Gladly the shows made up for it.

We left Thursday morning on United, actually is was Continental which merged with United. It was the 1st time in my 20 trips abroad and across the U.S. that I was stuck on the tarmac for TWO HOURS for a 3 hr. trip. So I was really crabby when I got to Vegas after unplanned 5 hrs in a plane.thankfully, the Riviera show was in the evening. We unpacked at Imperial,and the taxi ride was not so bad. However it stops in the parking lot which we're unfamiliar with and looked isolated. It was our first in Tower 5, the one with the middle elevators and not the oh so slow elevators that folks complained about. This room looked cleaner and nicer than usual fare. I was still feeling irritated and losing 100 bucks that evening Blackjacking and slots didn't help. I heard so much hype about the Clue slots that I was eager to try, only to lose so much.

We grumbled our way to Riviera, and I hadn't been on that side of strip in years. It was doing pretty well! Ate at the Asian restaurant, decent but slow service. I was hemming and hawing about which magic show to see as Dirk Arthurs closed with OSheas. With Jan Rouven's show, I loved it! I hope he can last there. Roughly 80 folks that night?

2. gambit78

gambit78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The following day was Aria/CityCentre day, and I became strategic in not relying on taxis all over. So we walked across to Caesars. Construction is really not bad as no cars are coming to IP's entrance. I ate at the food court and was aghast at nine dollar pizza slice even with my total rewards discount. I did use my 10 dollar gift win from the sweepstakes for their yummy sticky buns which I carried around all day (and lost it at Aria, more to come later). Then we played and lost mo money at Caesars and then to Bellagio. Then took the tram to Aria in afternoon and killed time there until the Viva Elvis show. (more later)

3. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like FUN. Love low-rolling reports. Low risk is good for me. Where is the rest of the trip report? How are Riviera shows anyway? I am thinking about staying there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.