1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Low Roller Wild Ride at NYNY

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by LV_Bound, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Disclaimer: For those expecting to read about 10K wins or a number of W-2s you will be disappointed.
    I am one who plays the $5 tables and penny slots or $1 slots, but they type of day I experienced can be appreciated by anyone.

I will post a summary of the entire trip in a subsequent post and am dedicating this initial post to this awesome day.

We arrived Sunday and spent Sunday/Monday going from machine to machine getting a feel for which ones "appear" friendly and which are there to eat at your cash. It was so far a typical trip. Up/down, up/down but down overall type of trip. These new machines like Godzilla do make it fun especially the bonus round.

Tuesday morning starts in typical fashion bouncing from machine to machine. Each trip NYNY seems to line the wall outside of the ladies room with a new set of machines. This trip it was "Deal or No Deal". My wife decides to hit the restroom and I decide to give the machines a try. By the time she comes out I am in the bonus round and happy to take the deal for around $75. This doesn't sound like much but remember, this is just the start of my day.

When a machine hits for 1, 100, 1000 or 5000 credits (on the penny machine) I am the person who sits there and lets the machine make all the noise while I sit back and enjoy the sounds. After all I have to sit there while the machine takes the money so why not sit and enjoy when it gives it back. These machines are slow so as I am waiting, I stick money in the Deal or No Deal right next to it and sure enough after a spin or two the bonus is hit. I take the deal and now have 2 machine ringing and tossing me cash.

So far the day still seems like a normal day but its only just the start.

We walk to Excalibur since they have a good selection of $5 table games. I find an empty Ultimate Texas Hold-em game and decide to play. On our last trip I played for about 10 minutes and lost my buy-in. This time I played for about an hour and up $75.

Hang with me it gets even better.

Next stop is back to NYNY. Each trip I try to play Craps at NYNY in the morning as I prefer an empty table as I want to get to shoot the dice, but here it is the 3rd day and I have yet to play. The tables were either $10 or crowded. This morning the table is $5 but there are 3-4 people at the table, but since my spot (stick left) was open I decide to jump in. The dice come to me and I hit a point or two then 7 out. The next guy passes, the next 2 guys shoot and I slow play. The dice come back to me and according to my wife I held the dice about 55 minute and went on a monster roll. A 7 did not appear the entire time. The NYNY tables don't have a Fire bet which wouldn't have mattered as all my numbers were either 4, 6 or 8.
    NYNY does have a different side bet called All High (numbers 8-12) that pays 35-1, All Lows (numbers 2-6) that pays 35-1 and "All Highs and All Lows" (both high and low) that pays 175-1. Now I didn't bet this but the 3 guys on the end had $10 on each.
    Although I didn't have this side bet down, the table was rocking as I got close to completing the numbers with the amount these guys were to win. Oh, the hardways were hot too. A few times I knocked the stack of chips down of the guy on the end and each time it was either a hard six or hard eight to appear. I completed the All Highs first and the 3 guys were happy. Then it got down to only needing a 5 for them to complete the All Lows which would also include the other bet for 175 to 1 . When I hit the 5 you
    could of heard these guys at the other end of the strip. At the end of my roll these 3 guys were up at least 3K. I don't recall a more exciting or loud table with only a few guys. I was more than happy to color up with a $500 win. This does not include the tip I left in the end along with the numerous bets I made for the table. I probably won $600 in total. I did not attempt to play Craps again this trip as I wanted this memory to last until our next trip. I don't expect to experience another session like this for a while.

Sounding good so far? Wait until tonight.

All this was the morning. We tend to slow play a bit during the day and hit it heavier at night.

After dinner, the drinking starts and my run of luck continues.

After reading a few posts about people liking the Top Dollar slot machine and since I was up a few bucks I decide to try the $1 machine ($3/pull). Tried two different machines and won $100 on one and $200 on another. Even the slot attendant walked by and comment that a $200 win is rarely seen on this machine.

Next we move back to the "Deal or No Deal" machine from this morning. If you played this machine then you know the top amount is usually $50 and if lucky $100, but this time the top amount is $1000 (100,000) credits. My first offer is just over $100 and my wife is saying to take the offer as its more than both my wins from this morning. But I am not happy with this deal and hit the No Deal button. The next off er is now about $250. My wife is saying that I better take this offer. I ask if she is sure and she said definitely as winning $250 is a huge amount. You should of seen the look on her face as I pressed the "No Deal" button. While waiting for the next suitcase to open
    she is saying "You should have taken the deal." "You should have taken the deal." "You should have taken the deal."

My next off is over $425 and now she is saying "You better taken the f***ing deal." To which I concur and take the deal.
    They open the briefcase and guess what....I had the $1000 suitcase. Now my wife is saying "Sorry I told you to take the deal.":eek:

I try a few other machines and cashing out with win after win.

It is getting late (East time that is) and the drinks my wife had hits her hard and she needs to go to the room. Normally we retire together but as we get off the elevator and turn the corner there is a window and I notice its still light outside.

With the day I am having there is no way I am going to retire while there is still daylight outside.

After getting her to the room she asks how much longer I plan to say out. I empty my pockets and take 6 $100 bills and say I am going to play 6 machines until the money is gone or until I only have tickets let. You see if I place a $100 in a machine and I get a big hit or double my $100 I cash out the ticket and put it in my pocket. This is the method I will use that night.

I head downstairs and start playing Godzilla. This game is awesome and the bonus round is fun as hell.
    Afterward I hit up Sex And the City (Diamonds) I was hitting bonus after bonus on this game.
    Next was the older Playboy machine and actually got tired waiting for this machine to count credits and for the first time was hitting the spin button before it counted all the credits.
    I also went back to the Top Dollar machine. They have 5 in a circle. Three are the $1 machine and two are the $5 machines. I would play the $1 and after a win move to the next $1 machine, get a win and continue to move in a circle. My biggest win on this machine was $440.

At the end of about 2 hours (and way too much to drink) I recall reaching in my pocket for another $100 and they were all gone.

All I had left were 6 tickets. Before going to room I place all 6 tickets into the machine and the total is just over $1600. :woohoo::woot:I almost shit my pants when I saw that total.

Just from the night ($1,000) plus the Craps $500 that is $1500 without counting all the other wins. I would say it was at least a $2K day. It was an amazing feeling I actually had that feeling that I couldn't lose.

Come Wednesday morning it actually felt like a different day and clearly it was. The magic was gone and the machines tried hard to take back all it had given me.

Out of the entire day, I will never forget that Craps run or turning $600 into $1600 in two hours.

2. blizzard96

blizzard96 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice. This is a tr i can relate too. Will be out there in a couple days and cant wait to try that godzilla machine!

3. ChickenBone Jones

ChickenBone Jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a great day! I hope to have half of that luck next week.

4. Brensan

Brensan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't you just love NYNY?! And I am very familiar with that group of Top Dollar Machines you are talking about. My only problem is that I don't have your discipline, I always spend waaaay too much time on those $5 ones!!:bang:
    Enjoying your TR!

5. LaRae

LaRae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a fun trip report! What luck...

6. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you're THAT guy sitting next to me grinding my gears?? j/k Congrats on the wins!

7. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, the $5 machine ($10/spin) is an entirely different story. I gave them a try the ensuing day and didn't even hit a single cherry. It was a complete drain.

Do you just bet $5 or do you bet $10 and have you ever hit on the $5 Top Dollar machine?

8. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This way my first win on Top Dollar which if I recall was about $180.
    [​IMG]

This is my top Top Dollar win:
    [​IMG]

Here is the video to the Godzilla bonus where I made it to the very end and got to select a helicopter. This bonus round produced a nice win for a penny slot machine.

9. JulieM

JulieM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats..great TR..I will be in NYNY in a couple of days..hope I am as lucky as you...:beer:

10. AliGee

AliGee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was a heck of a great run! Love it when that happens, thanks for posting.

11. trooth

trooth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was a great read. I can totally relate to that. Honestly, if you can spend a day like that, it is better than hitting for 2k and getting a w2. Glad it continued throughout the day. I bet you got some good mlife points out of it too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

12. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those interested, here is my extended trip report to give an overall summary.

Arrived at the Vegas airport and coming down the escalator to the luggage area there are only 2 limo people there with names standing at the bottom.
    None were ours and figured they forgot since we schedule this trip months in advanced.
    Once we hit the floor and looked to our right there had to be about 30 limo drivers with names. Still none were ours.
    Stood by the luggage and that is where we spotted our limo driver.
    Great guy. Very friendly.
    The limo was nice and clean too. Our last one was slightly dirty.
    Stopped off for a case of water on the way to the hotel.

The following is a summary of the room, games and food.

Room:
    --------
    Arrived and headed to VIP and was told we aren't VIP and told to get in "Invited Guests" line. Well that sucks, arrived before noon and was pleasantly surprised our room was actually ready.
    This was the newly renovated room at NYNY named Madison Avenue Deluxe.
    The room safe was terrible. Normally the safe is long and flat. Plenty of room for the Ipad, camera and other stuff. The room safe is now vertical and narrow. Camera won't fit and items had to be stacked very high.
    This is basically a Park Ave room with a glorified name added and not worth the extra cost.

Slots:
    ------------
    I will say the designers of the new slot machines are very creative. It seems there are newer and more entertaining slots coming out each trip. After some time at PH we headed back to NYNY and played there the majority of our stay.

Dark Knight - pretty entertaining. The bounus where the DK races the Joker was basically the same each time. Not much variety.
    Hangover - always enjoy playing this machine.
    Clue - pretty entertaining if you can hit the bonus. We found this game to be a pretty fast drain of funds.
    All That Glitters - this is my wife's "go to" game. She can play for a long time for a minimal amount.
    Pinball - this was just an ok machine, but didn't keep our attention. Hit the bonus once and didn't play it again.

Top Dollar ($1/spin $3 max bet) - this is an old machine and played it for the first time as I read many good reviews about this machine. Spent a LOT of time on this machines. (See my original post. :beer:)

Top Dollar ($5/spin $10 max bet) - I told myself I would try a high limit machine and put a few hundred into this and didn't even hit a cherry or anything. It was a rapid drain, but based on what I won on the $1 Top Dollar machine if I hit I knew it would probably be a W-2.

Deal or No Deal - nothing but Max bet when I play this machine. This machine was very friendly to me. (See original post for details :beer:)

Playboy - played it twice and won $50+ both times.

Battleship - this game had potential but was a huge drain on funds and only saw the bonus once which was not as expected.

Sex And The City (Diamonds) - very fun. Played it a lot and it was pretty generous. A good variety of bonuses to keep ones interest.

Money Vault - I like this game but it seems to return the lowest amount of session points.

Played a number of other games but can't remember all their names. This is one trip where I played the most variety of games.

Food:
    -----------------
    We tend to stay away from buffets but decided to give the Paris Breakfast Buffet a try based on the reviews from the board. All I can say is WOW!
    The majority of the food is fresh which is unusual for a buffet.
    Tried a crape for the first time and the damn thing just about filled me up.
    It was the "sweet crape" which had walnuts, caramel syrup, whipped cream and other stuff.
    Normally I would have been happy with that and some juice but its a buffet and I want to get my money's worth.
    Went to the omelet area and couldn't believe the size of the omelets being made.
    I asked the guy to make me one but only use 1/2 the ingredients and eggs and it was still pretty large.

Greenberg's Deli - Great place for sandwiches. Eat here at least once a trip.

Il Fornaio - outstanding food. Eat here at least once a trip.

NYNY has a new Pizza shop upstairs by Coyote Ugly or right next to the pretzel place. Excellent pizza.

Chin Chin - Sesame seed chicken salad and egg rolls. Not much experience with Chinese food so ordered something safe and was very happy.

Burger Bar @ Mandalay Bay - great food here.

Burger Bar @ NYNY - Ok, burger. Better at MB.

Cafe Monte Carlo - ordered the custom omelet and Carrot Cake pancake on the side. Was surprised with the amount of food and how fresh it tasted. First time eating here and very happy. Our bill was $40 which isn't bad but actually $10 more than the Paris buffet. The omelet actually tasted slightly better at MC and the pancake was unique and fresh and delicious.

Kahunaville - great food here. Usually eat here once a trip if down this end of the strip.

13. Brensan

Brensan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, I always bet the max, really no use playing them if you don't (IMO). I have hit jackpots on all four of the $5 Top Dollar machines in that area. I can recall at least 10 W2s from those machines in the past year, but all under $3,000. Once I won $2600, then went to the bar to get a drink and within 5 minutes, someone hit it for $20,000 :bang: But unfortunately, no jackpots the last three times I've been there :cry: Still my favorite machines, but they better start paying me or I'm looking for a new love!:kiss:

14. paramont

paramont Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :nworthy:
    Thank you so much for posting - very entertaining, and is helping me get excited for our next Vegas trip in September.
    Sorry, can't finance your next trip but you inspired me to sign up for the message board and to donate $10 to the message board to keep these posts going. Good Karma coming your way, I'm sure!

15. bighouse304

bighouse304 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great job! Nice to hear of a good WINNING story!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.