1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Please take time to remember our Fallen Vets

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jerseyguy2, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure we all know someone who has given his or her life in the service of our country. They all have something in common,whether they died during a training excercise ,D Day ,Grenada or wherever ,sadly,they are all just as dead and equally deserving of our rememberance and thanks.

2. MTMONGO

MTMONGO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SSgt Carl Reamy
    Co. D 15th Infantry Div
    Jan. 29th 1944
    Anzio, Italy
    WW II
    Thank you Uncle Carl.

3. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i spent this evening with some recent vets and eneded up discussing with one of then if he should accept a purple heart for his brain injury.

his opinion was no because it was so minor compared to his comrades who had lost limbs etc.

my opinion was yes because his kids and grandkids deserved to know what he'd been though.

not resolved. however I haven't served so my opinion really doesn't count.

4. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Latinos

I don't want to get political but..... many Latinos have died serving our USA Country. The first Americans who parachuted over Germany were Mexican-Americans.
    That is not in our history books. They all died.
    During the Viet Nam war.... Our Mexican-American service men were listed as Caucasian so the only manner to identify them if by their Spanish surnames.
    I studied the history of the Mexican-American service men envovled in
    all of our USA wars.

I do honor all of them. Because of all the Americans who have died for us so we can live in peace. Americans of all races died for us.
    Some lived to come home to tell us how awful war was to them.

My Uncle ARTHUR TRIVINIO, came back home safe from Germany. When the Germans gave up. The German village he was in cheered and invited the American soldiers to drink wine with them to celebrate. The wine had poison and most of his troop died. He didn't die because he didn't drink alcohol. That saved his life. In memory of my uncle who has passed away
    safe at home in America. LucyR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.