1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tip the minister?

Discussion in 'Vegas Weddings' started by vegasdrea, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm getting married in October and our package from the venue is all inclusive: food, booze, photog etc. It also includes the minister, is it customary to tip him? My mom and I are trying to figure it out, we are assuming he is getting paid by the venue since he is a part of our package deal. What do you guys think we should do? Tip or not to tip?

Thanks,
    Andrea

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you get married they will give you a little envelope to put the minister's tip in, so its likely you will feel obligated to tip whether it is customary or required.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you could give him extra, but no need. as far as getting paid by the venue, probably not. even if the amount is included in the package price, you will probably need to have the minister amount separate in cash and they will give you a separate envelope to give him with his payment after the ceremony. at least that's how it worked when my friend got married earlier this year at a Vegas chapel.

4. sandc4e

sandc4e Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We put $50 in the envelope for the minister in 2009, not sure what is customary.

5. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Better safe than sorry. :wink

We tipped the minister when my daughter got married in Vegas.

6. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you should tip the minister. I always leave $5 on the pillow, and get lots of extra soaps, shampoos, and prayers.

(Congratulations, btw!!!)

7. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe not a Vegas wedding, but when my buddy got married, he gave me the give to the preacher after the ceremony. So I'm assuming it's customary.

8. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tipping the minister is customary.

9. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you should tip the minister. I know that some receive only the tip as payment.

10. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    do you still tip the officiant if the officiant is part of an all inclusive package or if the package already includes all taxes, service fees, and gratuities? and also do you tip the officiant if you are already legally married but performing the ceremony in vegas? sorry to thread crash, but i wonder if there are exceptions to tipping the officiant. i'm new to all this wedding stuff, so i don't want to do something wrong. thanks!:wave:

11. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Ken!

12. pattiinontario

pattiinontario "PATTI-O-LANTERNS"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure on the protocol there but would assume it is the same. Here you put a donation in an envelope and you or the best man gives it to the priest/clergyman at the rehearsal or after the ceremony.

13. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You think you got bad karma from not tipping a dealer? Wait until you see what happens when you stiff the minister!

14. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Andrea, can i ask where you are getting married? i am on the hunt for an all inclusive vegas venue and am curious what other people's experiences are. thanks!

i think the op is trying not to stiff the minister. i completely understand their confusion; i'm experiencing it too with regards to this whole wedding planning stuff. i mean, if the package says gratuities are included, wouldn't that mean the officiant too? :goofy:

Andrea, make sure to come back and write up a trip/wedding report! :thumbsup:

15. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :kill: :kill: that made me literally LOL.

The Platinum Hotel. I think we PM'd each other about pricing and stuff. I've been VERY happy with them, I just adore my wedding coordinator. We just had our menu tasting last week and the food was absolutely DELICIOUS.

16. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    oh yes yes! sorry, i didn't connect the username with your actual name.:eek: duh! :goofy: i'll be in vegas in about a week and will be stopping by platinum for a visit. my dad already checked them out and really likes them. i have my hopes up. good luck with all the planning!:wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.