1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

3 free nights at Mirage for july 4th and UFC, im pumped!

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by AceRothstein80, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM never sent me any good offers in the past. recently they offered me 3 free nights at Monte Carlo and i bookedit for the 4th. just the other day I got an email for same offer at Mirage, so I switched it. Ive always wanted to stay at the Mirage, I always liked the Casin there, so i am realy excited. I also got a 4th night for $85, and $100 in free play! should be fun, on the 4th and for a big UFC weekend

any tips/suggestions for food/room upgrade($20 trick)the mirage? or anything else i need to know as a guest there

2. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you gotta try cravings ... thats their buffet its for friggin good.

i was able to try it when mgm props where offering free buffets per stay and its awesome

3. erzeszut

erzeszut Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Generally, on comped rooms, the $20 trick doesn't work with MGM properties -- if you want an upgraded room, you have to pay a per-night charge. If you're Mlife Gold or higher, you qualify for a free upgrade, if available. At Mirage, that means to a Tower Deluxe room. Same size room, but on the highest floors.

When I was there last month, I was offered the following up charges (at checkin, I wasn't Gold yet, though I am now) from my standard room:

$20/night to a Tower Deluxe
    $40/night to a Mirage Suite
    $50/night to a Tower Suite

When they found a Tower Suite room with a pool and south Strip view, I snagged it, and it was gorgeous. I'm returning at the end of August on a 3-night comp (my host even agreed to comp the resort fee!) and hoping to get another upgrade like this.

4. dawgfan11

dawgfan11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we stayed there last year for the first time and we loved our stay and will be going back early next year. I would suggest Stack for dinner 1 night, my wife and I loved our food and it's still the best steak i've personally had in vegas (i've eaten at Craftsteak, Stripsteak, Voodo Lounge, Oscars). I also liked the buffet there, it's not on the same level as Bellagio or Cosmo, but it was really good for the price we paid. I would definitely suggest using the $20 trick to upgrade to a tower deluxe room as the extra space in the bathroom is much appreciated.

5. AceRothstein80

Trips to Las Vegas:
    awesome thanks for the info. any good cafes or quick breakfast place thats good? even tho ill probably cross the st for hash house a go-go everyday for breakfast.

i hear/read the pool is awesome, is it generally crowded?

6. Vegas Name Ron Mexico

Vegas Name Ron Mexico Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you got a great offer. i wish I got something like that from time to time.

7. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been there in a while, but a few people told me they swear by BLT Burger.

8. rebirth

rebirth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're very lucky. Did you get tix for UFC 148? The card is stacked, even the prelims have some stars.

9. Vegas Dave

Vegas Dave Newbie

BLT was pretty good, but I really like Las Vegas Burger which was inside Planet Hollywood.

10. Stefano DiMera

Stefano DiMera Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from 5 days at the Mirage on Tuesday, and although there's no "quick place" for breakfast, give their breakfast buffet a try. On weekdays, it's $17, but on the weekends they bump it up ten bucks as they add brunch. But, if you're in a hurry and not wanting to go walking around, it's well worth it. We also ate at BLT Burger a few times, excellent food and service each time. Try the Twinkie Milkshake ;)

As for the pool, on the weekends you'll want to get a towel and throw it down on your chair no later than 10am, maybe even earlier, as it fills quick. And don't leave it unattended for more than an hour. Leave some personal effects such as a hat, shirt, whatever. If it's just a towel on the chair, and it's jam packed, the staff will take your towel and let someone else sit there. The pools are top notch, but the waterfall area can be quite noisy from the water.

11. AceRothstein80

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i will definetily hit up the burger place, thansk for that tip. Thur/Fri will probably be on the days I may check out the pool, so hopefully it won't be too crowded.

I don't have UFC tix yet, I went to the lesnar/carwin fight 2 years ago, I just scalped outside, worked out fine.

And yes, this offer from the Mirage shocked me, i was content with Monte Carlo, I was estatic when the Mirage emailed me. It's always been on the top of my list of places I'd like to stay

Also...with my $20 tip trick, Im gonna ask for a view. What best, of the Volcano? or Pool?

12. AliGee

AliGee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A thousand times agree with this! If you're comped for your stay I think you'll get a line pass too, in case the line is long. While we were there we loved Carnegie Deli, too. Awesome sandwiches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.