1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ufc 148

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by shifter, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    was looking at the MGM events page for some reason and noticed that the ticket prices for UFC 148 have skyrocketed over previous events. the top level of ticket has been $750 for years. then it went to $800 the last couple of events. for this event it's $1200!!! :eek: the second level seats are $850 now which is more than the best seats previously. $2400 for 2 tickets is going to eat into my comps big time.

not sure why they think such a massive increase is justified/will be tolerated, but i guess since Mayweather was charging $1500/ticket and Pacquiao is charging $1200, they think they can too?

2. ACgambler

ACgambler Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps they are really counting on Anderson Silva really pulling them in. He is technically every bit the athelete and champion of his sport and weight class as Mayweather is in his. I'm not sure but there may be some kind of fan appreciation UFC weekend going on then too so they may figure with extra fans in town and Silva the draw they can get it. Also maybe they are struggling with sales for 146 since Overeem got suspended for 9 months and it off the card.

3. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't gamble enough in Vegas to get a free hot-dog, nevermind UFC tickets :evillaugh

I've never been to one before so am looking forward to my first time, I got 4 tickets that came to just over $1k. The seats are in the front row of the upper and hopefully not insanely high so as not to see anything.

Bit disappointed that Cruz blew his ACL, that was looking like a great bout in the making after all their banter on TUF. I hope that they still make a great bout with his replacement and it's not just some handpicked guy.

4. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah i'm not sure i'm not actually kind of happy Cruz got hurt. i was there for the last Cruz/Faber fight and it kind of sucked with Cruz dancing around the entire time there was little to no action. hopefully whoever they put in there will actually want to fight and Faber will whoop his ass.

5. ACgambler

ACgambler Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was a time a couple years ago that Faber seemed indestructable and relentless. Haven't seen him fight in a couple of years now. Does he still bring it?

6. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no, he seems too content to squeak out a decision rather than risk it to finish the fight like he used to. i think he was a little bit overagressive before where he took unnecessary risks like in the first Mike Brown fight that got him knocked out. but now i think he's gotten too passive and doesn't jump in there as much as he used to. part of that might be just getting older and slowing down, but he needs to bring back that killer instinct if he wants to get back on top.

7. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Barao doesn't appear to try and grind out a decision so I think this could be a great fight.

8. dawgfan11

dawgfan11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    does it really suprise you that the prices are jacked up so much? This is the biggest fight in UFC history to date IMO. Plus with everything chael sonnen does to advertise the fight (like him or not) I would expect record numbers for this and I think the UFC is as well. Not to mention another title fight and then former champs in Ortiz, Griffin, and Franklin who still all can headline cards.

9. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i agree it's a big fight night, but 1.5x the regular prices was surprising, yes. that has to be the highest ticket prices they've had in the history of the UFC. hopefully the fights are as good as expected.

10. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just out of interest what time will the event start in Vegas?

They normally start airing from 3am in the UK (8pm Vegas) on big cards like this. You only see like the 4/5 fights from the main card and I'm guessing the prelims start teatime?

I'm trying to work out if it's best to book a late lunch or go for a late dinner after it all finishes.

TIA :)

11. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    man thats crazy tickets went up that much.. I wish i was out there for it.. Ill be there during the boxing match at the mgm early next month.. But im not a boxing fan so dont really care much about it.. Have fun at the ufc fight guys..

On a side note.. Last year for my bachelor party we went to Ni9e the night b4 the guida fight at the palms.. We sat at a table right next to Clay and his whole posse. We didnt bother them bc we didnt want to bother them during dinner.. But it was pretty cool

12. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This weekend's card starts at 345. Sometimes they start at 330 or even 3. depends on how many under card bouts there are. But hardly anyone is there until 5 or 6 and a lot of people don't show up until 8.

If you have VIP tickets they serve you beer and hot dogs and stuff during the fights. So we always get some of that and then do dinner around 10 after the fights.

13. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be up in the cheap seats so no hotdogs for me :evillaugh

I guess we'll probably look to get a light lunch, then do a proper dinner somewhere like yourself after the fights are over.

Good main event this weekend too and I'm really looking forward to this one too!

14. Thirdbasekid24

Thirdbasekid24 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prices go up when the PEOPLES champion is on the card. War Sonnen(R)! Also Barao is gonna whoop Faber.

15. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I looked at a few videos of Barao and he looks nasty!!

16. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm heading to Vegas for this fight. The card has been thinned out alot, first with Cruz getting hurt then Faber being moved to headline a dif card. Then Rich Franklin gets pulled to fight Wandy, what started as a stacked card on paper, is now just a great title rematch at the top. I really am not interested in Forrest/Tito 3, especially as the co-main

17. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i agree. this card was pretty awesome from top to bottom originally and now it's just one fight basically. i'm very disappointed they cannibalized it to put Faber on the next card. no way it's worth 50% more than every other card anymore.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.