1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

WSOP 2012 Main Event - Who's playing

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by MangoPort, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MangoPort

MangoPort High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thought I'd start a thread just to see how many on this board will be playing in the main event.

Will be my second year and I've been excited for months now. Anyone else playing?

2. martay

martay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to play in some nightly super satellites, so there is a 10% chance I'll be playing. I may play in one or two $1,500 buy in events.

3. JuliaNPete

JuliaNPete Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wsop

Pete & his pop are in a bracelet event 6/20--if that goes well, YES, they'll be back for the ME.
    *fingers crossed*

4. skinny malinky

skinny malinky Low-Roller

Two or three friends of mine will be playing in it. I'm hopefully going to satellite into a a bracelet event, but it'll be a $1k or $1500 buy in. I might go out there to sweat my buddies.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  5. MangoPort

MangoPort High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard the $1.5k events are a lot of fun because with such few starting chips things get crazy very earlier. If I had time I'd definitely be playing one. Good luck with your satellite!

6. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am in the main event this year - my first time. See you at the final table ;)

7. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have quite a few friends from the UK who will be playing so I'd like to be there even if it's just to be involved in some epic railing opportunities :drunk:

I am not planning on playing, however if I pick up a good result in one of the smaller events I'm playing in the 2 weeks prior to the main I may sell off some action and play.

I've not played it since 2006 and would love to try and better my cash from that year!!

8. SirSwizzlestick

SirSwizzlestick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I had $10k to comfortably drop on one poker tourney life would be good

9. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    QFT!!!!!!!!!!

10. MangoPort

MangoPort High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I treat poker different than other gambling.

My gambling budget is a certain amount per trip, which goes up and down depending on life circumstances.

My poker budget is different. I have a poker roll, which has been built up through the years by winning. It makes it A LOT easier to justify spending that kind of money on a tournament because it's specifically alloted to poker and it's just a question of how I manage my bankroll.

That's why it's not really a question of "Wouldn't you rather buy a car with that money?"

:D

11. Transplant

Transplant Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In 2009, I won a seat online. I cashed it out and didn't play. In 2010, I won a seat and told my wife I was cashing it out as well. The very next day, I won another seat. I made the trip to Vegas and played the second seat. I just don't have time to play B&M satellites. Plus, I have to plan that time off well in advance, so I can't justify heading to Vegas to play some sats in hopes of getting in. Unfortunate. My poker bankroll just doesn't justify spending 10k on one tourney.

12. Killer_Demo

Killer_Demo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know the WSOP is huge...how many players buy in to the WSOP??? 10k plus?

13. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The year I played there was over 8500 and without checking I think it's been over 6000 every year since. Even with the DOJ shutting everything down for you guys last year the main still drew a huge field!

14. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm considering playing in the $1 Million entry one. Not sure how I am going to pay for it, but I am considering.

15. MangoPort

MangoPort High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's going to be filled with a couple of young-guns heavily sponsored and extremely wealthy folks, along with a couple of pros that can't afford it but want the attention. I.e. if you've got $2 million to your name playing a $1 million tournament is a stupid idea :)

I think this year we'll see the number around 6,500 (a little less than last year). I have a feeling a few people that could no longer play online came out to "take one last shot".

16. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of the Matchbook boys will play and like you say there'll be a few syndicated entries too along with the billionaires. Should be a great spectacle and I'm looking forward to some more epic rails for the brits :drunk:

I felt the games were definitely tougher last year even though I didn't play a whole bunch and I put it down to them taking a punt due to black friday as you said.

17. volfaninbama

volfaninbama High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would play in the One Drop event if someone wants to sponsor me!

18. martay

martay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I registered for the doubles tourney a couple of days ago. Not a big tournament but fun for me and my buddy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.