1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dualing Piano Bars

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by twins_mom, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twins_mom

twins_mom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which one would you suggest going to? Why?

2. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Napoleon's at Paris (well, the border of Paris and Bally's). It's a bit more mellow with very comfortable chairs. It tends to draw a slightly more mature crowd who seem to all want to just relax and take in the music. Sure they'll still do "Don't Stop Believin'" and do the usual "everyone sing along!" for the last chorus, but then it goes back to everyone just listening. It's where I go to unwind and get away from the craziness of the strip on a Friday night when half of Southern California is in town. This is not where you'd go if the last item of your treasure hunt was to get a picture with a frat boy.

Pete's at Town Square is very popular, but it's a lot more rowdy. The one at NYNY gets pretty loud and rowdy as well. And I heard the one at Harrah's has changed for the worse? The more rowdy ones are where you'd want to go if you want a more immersive and interactive experience with lots of drunken singing along.

Skip the one at Palazzo and the one at Encore. They seem to be put in just because of how popular they are now. But they just seem out of place. The Pub at Monte Carlo has dueling pianos now too, but I've never been.

[edit]
    I just realized this post made me seem like a bitter old geezer. Oh well...
    [/edit]

3. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My vote is for Times Square Bar at NYNY. I make it there at least once every other trip, and the joint never disappoints. Its always a rowdy and fun crowd, and the piano player are great. I would spend the extra $15 bucks or so for a table, but I have done it both ways multiple times.

It's kind of a "sure thing" for us if other plans fall through.

4. Vegabound

Vegabound Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed, we will be there Tomorrow nite! Great fun vibe at times square bar. Is that what the table cost $15?

5. arkansas grandma

arkansas grandma Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well i liked ,so I must be even an older geezer..:grrr:

6. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Piano Bars

I was at the Paris yesterday Friday... and I did walk by the Napoleon Piano Bar and it was packed with people having a great time.

NYNY had the Piano Music in the Happy Hour time in the afternoon... too
    loud for me so I didn't stay on Friday. On other days the sound level was just right but this time it was so loud I could hear the music outside of the bar.
    At 8p.m. is when they charge $15. per person if you want to sit down at
    a table but if you just stand at the bar it is FREE. I prefer to stand by the
    bar so I can dance to the piano music at their dance floor area.

I prefer to hear David Brown sing and play the saxaphone at the NYNY
    for Happy Hour from 3p.m. to 6:30 p.m. He also like audience participation
    and I had lots of fun singing and dancing on Thursday afternoon. It is FREE to sit down at the tables. 50% off on certain drinks and food. Great food.
    LucyR.

7. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But I'm only 27!

8. nikki1978

nikki1978 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked dueling pianos at the plaza downtown a fun rowdy time

9. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Twin Keys at Harrah's are great. I've seen them a lot, and they are always "on", working hard to entertain. They get the crowd into it.
    I have never paid a cover to get in, but I think they do charge every now and then.

The NYNY one is fun too. It's a little smaller place. I think $15 is a lot to charge for a table. Also it felt like a 1st class section and a second class section was going on, so that was a little strange to me. The have nots just staring over at the haves. lol

I have walked by the one at Monte Carlo a few times, stopping to watch and listen sometimes. That room is too big to get it going I think. It didn't help that the two guys looked like they were just going through the motions either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.