1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo: Can you smoke on the terrace?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by thecarve, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, unless I’m mistaken, the all the Cosmo rooms are non-smoking. (Right?) Can anyone tell me if smoking on the balcony is frowned upon or explicitly forbidden?

Thanks

2. Countessa

Countessa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't see how they could have non-smoking terraces and enforce that...

3. pattiinontario

pattiinontario "PATTI-O-LANTERNS"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes smoking is allowed on the terrace but not the rooms. If the ashtrays are not already out there they will bring up a bean bag weighted ones for you to use.

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Much appreciated, pattiinonterio. :thumbsup:

5. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the first I'd heard of all the rooms being non-smoking. I always get non-smoking rooms anyway.

As for smoking on the balcony --- it's not an issue. Even in my "non-smoking" rooms I have found ashtrays were provided for me and I love having a smoke on the balcony. I'm pretty sure that, if the rooms are all non-smoking, they EXPECT people to smoke on the balcony.

6. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just came from a stay at a Cosmo Terrace Suite and there is an ashtray supplied on the Terrace - it wasn't weighted by bean bags, it was just placed on a small round table. The rooms themselves are non smoking. I did notice the heavy smell of pot wafting up from other balconies on Friday and Saturday nights when the party crowd checked in.

7. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that enforcement would be difficult, if not impossible. But, (at the risk of taking the beating usually reserved for those who actually admit to paying for the third person in their room), I like to follow the rules set out by the owner of the property in which I’m staying. I do have the choice to take my money elsewhere if I don't like those rules, after all.

Thanks again for the responses.

8. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Before our first visit we booked a smoking room. A few weeks later I read on line they went all nonsmoking in the rooms.

Our room had ashtrays in the room and on the terrace. I smoked EVERYWHERE!

9. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, they practically solicit you to smoke on the balconies.

10. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it's fine. I can dig out the email from the hotel I got in response to this question if you're worried about it.

11. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's pretty funny, actually, as this finally solves a really minor mystery for me. I booked a non-smoking room (which I now understand is ANY room) but there were ashtrays on the desk with a nice new box of matches in them. Right behind the ashtray was a sign that said "No Smoking". I thought it was really ironic, but just figured they put them there for any balcony smokers (I guess I was right).

12. Motorhead168

Motorhead168 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife smokes and trust me they don't care if you smoke on the terrace. Same goes for me standing on it in nothing but my underwear. Hope the big shots in their rooms at Bellagio don't mind gawking at me.

13. erzeszut

erzeszut Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank YOU for your consideration in following the rules. Too many times, I've checked in to a non-smoking room, only to find that the previous guest was apparently a chain smoker! :D

14. franco802

franco802 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another yes here. I stayed in a wraparound suite and a one bedroom terrace suite. You can smoke on the balcony.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.