1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Stupid Question...Bellagio

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Lucky92, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky92

Lucky92 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do the Bellagio lakeview rooms face the strip? Or are the fountains in the back? Is it worth the extra $$ to get a lakeview room? I want our anniversary trip to be special but hubby wonders if it might be better to spend the money on a good show instead.

Thanks!

2. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The fountains are in the front so the rooms face the strip. Whether its worth it is an individual decision. I would probably say yes

3. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I were staying at the Bellagio there is no way I'd want a room that didn't face the fountains. If you don't have that then you might as well stay at Paris or Planet Hollywood and save some money.

4. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The lakeview rooms face the Strip. Here is a night view pic from our room on the 25th floor, taken in August 2011.

565.jpg

5. Lucky92

Lucky92 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GORGEOUS! Thanks everyone!

6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe they have the fountain music on a hotel tv channel, too, so you can watch the fountains and hear the music at the same time?

7. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at Paris on the top floor once just to watch the fountains at Bellagio while in my room - best seat in the house.

Bill

8. MangoPort

MangoPort High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just get a standard room and then when you check in hand the guy booking you in a $20 (or maybe it's a $50 now) and ask if there are any free upgrades to a lakeview room available.

9. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the lakeview is totally worth it. whether you book it upfront or try the $20 trick, you have to get one. there is really no view like it anywhere in Vegas IMO. it's night and day difference between one of the back rooms that face the pool or worse, what looks like a body dump site behind to the north.

10. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hoya is right - you can listen to the fountain music on the TV in your Bellagio hotel room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, to me staying there would be pointless if you didn't have a lakeview room.

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Book it upfront
    Don't count on the $20/50 trick....you can not pay for a room they do not have

By the way, the Paris view is really cool as well if u gat a room there

13. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that its worth spending the xtra for a lakeview epecially for a first timer but why would it be pointless to stay there otherwise? Im not a huge fan of the B but its still nicer then most strip hotels.

14. ckatsu

ckatsu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having experienced various regular rooms in the main resort and spa tower with and without lakeview, I have to agree that it's worth the extra $$, but if you can't get one I don't think it is a deal breaker regarding staying at the Bellagio at all.

I also wouldn't depend on one being available to upgrade to when you check in, so if I were staying at the B for a special occasion like a Bday or Anniversary, then I would book the lakeview in advance. Just my 0.02.

Have a great trip!

15. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally I would probably want the view.. but you can always go see it outside, or go see it in the Eiffel Tower... Or I second the notion of maybe staying at Paris, I'm sure the room would be more resonable, but of course Bellagio is more special.

If it's a LOT more I'd skip it.

16. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know I dont spend a lot of time in the room, much less looking out window. And I know I will get my fill of the fountains walking around the strip......But, it is cool looking out your window and seeing fountains, volcanoes, or just a nice view of the strip.

Would I pay alot extra for that view???? If it was my first time, or if I was traveling with someone who is experiencing the strip for the first time, or if it was a special occasion (then again, just going to Vegas is special).....Yes...

17. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely pre-book if you want it. I tried the $20 trick & the gentleman was more than willing to do it but they were all gone already - and I checked in fairly early in the day on a weekday.

At Paris I don't bother because I like to hear the music (which of course you don't have a 'channel' with it on there). I honestly like the strip view more at Paris for the Eiffel Tower lights at night - love to fall asleep with those outside of my window.

Another option might be one of those terrace rooms at Cosmo - I would much prefer that 'open' view with the music than dirty glass.

Easter again..:
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.