1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting back into the groove of things after a trip

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by stuntin909, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuntin909

stuntin909 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What helps you guys?

Got back late Sunday night and have been feeling depressed and bored with everything. Don't feel like doing anything at work or school and just keep thinking of how fun of a trip I just had with all my friends (went by insanely quick). Just so much excitement in vegas coming back home is such a come down. /end rant.

You guys ever feel like this?

2. PSM

PSM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every single time.

The only thing that helps is to try my best to focus on the hobbies I enjoy that I'm involved with at home. I also start planning my next Vegas trip.

But mostly I just sit here for a few weeks and think about how much I want to get the hell out of New England.

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually I have a tougher time before the trip. Especially when I start planning it too far in advance (checks countdown timer and cringes).

Afterwards I am usually burned out, have a couple recovery days, and then back to the grind.

4. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It takes me at least a couple of weeks to be content with being back in reality, and I constantly think about when I'm going back.

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm usually burnt to a crackly crunch when I get back, and never want to go again.

Then after three days, I start planning the next trip.

6. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everytime i return from vegas i go back to work to find things changed.

I came back once and every person I work with had been replaced. 5 people total. Didnt know any of the new people and they acted like nothing odd had happened. someone had taken over my cubicle as well.

twice i came back and my computer was broken.

its like they wait until i am gone to make the changes so i wont notice or something stupid like this. i cant stand it.

7. YSinAppleton

YSinAppleton Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a horrible time getting back into the groove of things after a trip to Vegas. We returned a week ago and I'm still depressed and wishing we were back, plus I have so much work to do at my job that it will take me another week just to catch up. After a trip is over and you don't have another planned yet, it is very depressing as there is nothing to look forward to. Hopefully we will be able to plan another trip soon, even if it's months away, still something to look forward too.

8. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Between the lack of sleep, the catching up at work, the realization that life is no longer a 24/7 party and that twenty dollar bills should not be regarded as “change”…

…yep, it takes me a while to adjust as well.

One thing I find especially difficult is trying to get back to a somewhat healthy routine. It seems like a long weekend of eating whatever I want, drinking like it was my job and not working out can totally erase healthy routines that have taken months/years to establish. It always takes me at least a week – sometimes more – before I’m back to eating (reasonably) well and working out (and not fearing mirrors or scales :eek:).

9. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as I have 2 days off after I get home from Vegas, I am ready to get back to the real world.

You spend so much time and effort planning and get excited for a trip that is months or weeks away then it is done in 5 nights or whatever the time may be.

That is what gets most people into that depressed feeling.

I know everyone says to plan another trip, but for some people that may be a year away.

Just give yourself enough time off after you get home from Vegas and that will surely help.

10. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that's one of the problems with planning too far in advance especially if your trips are spaced far apart. i never seriously plan the details of a trip more than 2-3 weeks in advance. when you have months of anticipation, it makes it harder to accept when it's over. but also, most of the time i am going back in another 6-12 weeks, so that also makes it easier.

11. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm usually booking and planning 2-3 months in advance but thats also 2-3 trips at the same time.

I just spent this last weekend in Vegas and I know how its hard to get back in the groove. I got back 3am Monday morning and I thought I was ok with sleep Monday night. The tiredness kicked in last night and I slept at 8pm and didnt wake up until 8am today. I hardly ever do 12 hours of sleep. LOL.

I was productive on Monday though. I booked a room at Cosmo for Jun 8-10, Aria July 6-8. Now I'm even contemplating another trip end of June also. LOL.

The first day back is hard and I dont feel like checking emails and messages. I usually start doing all that the 2nd day back.

12. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been back a week and I'm not out of my funk yet. I thought I was going to be planning another trip for next month, but that's on hold again.

13. stuntin909

stuntin909 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think thats the problem right there. I booked in January when the pacquiao-mayweather fight was first rumored. I had been looking forward to this trip with all my friends since. We booked a table at a night club one night, and for the fight the next night, along with a cabana the morning after. Then the trip comes by and is over before we know it and its back to reality.

14. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats why you have to go more often. LOL.

15. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After 4 nights we are ready to get back home, but at the same time we are making notes and planing stuff for the next trip.

Usually we ensure we have at least a 3 day weekend when we return.

After returning from Vegas and a 3 day weekend to ease back into things really helps.

16. Gandolf One

Gandolf One Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost 2 months for me and I'm still "PVD"- post-vegas depressed :evillaugh

I think the only cure is to book another trip!

17. stuntin909

stuntin909 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well i normally go with me and my gf once every 2 months or so but we just relax and gamble. rarely do i get all my friends over there at once, party it out, and just forget about everything for the weekend. vegas is always there but not the same without the right people you know.

18. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is true of any vacation, but for some reason it seems more so in Vegas.

19. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last trip took me 3 days for the brain cells to regenerate :beer:, I think 2 weeks for my liver to clear out :vomit: and just after that been lurking and checking for Comped Rooms and affordable airfare ever since :thumbsup:
    Unfortunate the airfare from east coast really sucks right now, but I keep looking

20. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back yesterday and I am definitely suffering from the post LV blues. Don't get me wrong, its nice to be home but I've got this list of things that I didn't get to this trip that's just nagging me. Just means that I have to plan another, right? :wink2: Its looking like the fall for us which isn't too bad but I'd love to squeeze in another weekend sometime this summer. Doubtful unless airfare gets silly cheap for a Fri-Sun itinerary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.