1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First time in Vegas, how early do i go to the club?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by D204, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D204

D204 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first time will be may 16-20 with 2 friends. We are gonna hit up some clubs and look to party pretty hard. We are thinking of places like Tao, Marquee, Rain or something similar. What is best advice on time to go so we dont have to wait super long to get in and I heard you can buy passes to clubs, can someone tell me what those are about?

2. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Girls or guys?

I'm not a huge club go-er but I like to get there near when it opens, it's easier to get in.

If you are a group of girls, good chance just walking around you can score passes or wristbands to get in, you don't really need the "tickets". Ultimately it's just paying in advance to go. Everywhere we went a few weeks ago "HEY! wanna go to XYZ nightclub, here's passes"

If you go to one of the slightly older clubs it should also be easier. Marquee is obviously the coolest right now.

My advice would plan where you want to go in advance, and get on the guest lists, check their websites. Just makes everything easier and cheaper. I honestly cant say I've ever "waited inline" to get in (I'm a girl, I usually go with girls and we aren't all that attractive or anything). That's pretty much only if you didn't plan ahead, didn't get on the guestlist and you show up at like 12:30 will you have to wait inline. (or if you are a large group of dudes)

3. D204

D204 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    guys^^^^^^^^^

4. D204

D204 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    does it cost money to get on guestlist?

5. volfaninbama

volfaninbama High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are some places online that you can get on guest list for certain clubs.
    If there are some on your dates this is the best way unless you are getting bottle service. For a group of guy the waits can be hours to get in.

6. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It doesn't cost money

Check out Jack coltons website - you can try texting some of the hosts found there

If you go to Marquee you will be waiting in line regardless of what time you show up

7. Sidekicknicholas

Sidekicknicholas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With that many guys I would suggest trying the following:
    Contact a host ahead of time and get on the list - depending the night, dj, etc etc you may/may not have to pay... doesn't hurt to slip him some extra money to avoid waiting

Find a group of random ladies in line and ask if you can walk in with their group you'll buy them a drink - 3 guys and 3 girls gets in faster than just 3 guys

Bottle service - you'll be in as soon as you walk up

Pre-sale tickets - a good idea if it is a big name DJ or some special event - also at Rain (any Palms clubs) you can be the "VIP Entry" and/or all-you-can-drink wristbands... these you simply flash at the doorman and you're in, and with the AYCD package there is a special bar just for those with the wristbands.... still need to tip.

8. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just came back this morning. Did Marquee frid night and Surrender sat night.

IF you're not familiar with the Vegas club scene, the best thing to do is get the pre-sale tickets on the club site and the links to wantickets.com

It was difficult to get in Marquee this past friday and will be like that for most weekend nights from now until end of Summer. They closed the general admission line early. Only presale tickets were getting in.

If you're going to grease a doorman to get in, it can be in the $100-500 range each person to get in. Totally not worth it if you would have just paid the pre-sale in advance. That way you dont have to necessarily get there early before 10pm to get in.

9. Countessa

Countessa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the Ladies too...

The boys did a great job summarizing the plan of attack. I would also let the ladies know that just because you might have a group of girls, getting into these top level nightclubs will be harder or sometimes not happen if you arrive too late- and I'm talking after 11pm- which is not late in Vegas time.
    If you want to lock in your plans, I'm all about the pre-sale then I don't worry about having issues getting in. Although there might be a time frame for redeeming these too- so make sure you double check the details.
    Getting there early is always the best advice for anyone.
    Remember this is only for the top clubs- Marquee & XS from my experiences. Maybe Tao & Surrender as well.

10. D204

D204 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks everyone! So if i buy pre sale, do they have to let me in? How do i get them do i go to the hotel ahead of time?

11. worldtraveler661

Trips to Las Vegas:
    pre-sale and bottle reserv are priority

12. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, where do you wanna go?

For example, here's for Rain (and all the Palms clubs)

http://kineticevents.com/N9NEGroup/

PS. My best club experience was at RAIN, it's so big, and there is fire! It's pretty awesome and not as cramped as some of the others.

I agree with the others on buying the ticket since you are guys.

13. D204

D204 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    were thinking rain, tao, or marquee, maybe LAX

14. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First timers looking for some excitement - you can scratch LAX off the list

LAX can be a great time but the other clubs on your list are much better choices, especially for a first trip

15. Sidekicknicholas

Sidekicknicholas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed.

If you want one sure fire great night club experience go for one of the big dogs on (Marquee / XS) on a Friday or Saturday.

16. worldtraveler661

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go on a monthly basis and sometimes back to back weekends to Vegas. And its always either Marquee, XS or Surrender for us the last 2 years. 80% its those clubs and we'll throw in a Rain, Pure, Chateau or Bank every so often.

17. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did the trip go?

18. sonicimpulse

sonicimpulse Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck

Most of the big night clubs will not let a group of guys in. They will tell you to go hit up a strip club. You will need to find a group of girls to say your part of the group.

19. VegasVega

VegasVega Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you dont wanna wait in line, you'll most likely have to purchase some kind of bottle service unless your lucky and the line is not long. Other than that make sure you have some girls in your party, if you walk in with 20 dudes and no bottle service you'll probably get stuck waiting.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.