1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas Itinerary 5/10 - 5/15

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by mattMN10, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattMN10

mattMN10 Minnesota living. Las Vegas dreaming.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas trip 2012 is coming together nicely.

On this trip I'll be heading with my girlfriend for her first Vegas experience.
    I'll be 24 and she's 26. After deliberating over hotel choices for weeks, I snagged 5 nights at Bally's for 140+ tax, which I thought was great. I really wanted to be in the Paris vicinity. This is what we have planned so far:

Thursday 5/10:
    --Explore, show off some of the amazing sights Vegas has to offer

Friday 5/11:
    --Bootleg Canyon Flightlinez!! I'm really looking forward to trying zip-lining for the first time!

--VIP club crawl: King Ink to 1OAK to LAX to Pure :beer:

Saturday 5/12:
    --Open day to enjoy pool, relax and enjoy ourselves

--Hoping to see a show this night

Sunday 5/13:
    --Dowtown, freemont street experience

Monday 5/14:
    --Glow Spa @ tropicana, new experiences for both of us

--Dinner @ ENVY steakhouse, really looking forward to this meal

So all in all, I feel confident that we've booked enough to keep us busy but without overextending ourselves on vacation :beer: Any thoughts suggestions? Let me know!!! :peace:

Buddies 4th of July Bash
  2. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy!

Sounds great! You are showing her the many sides of Vegas. I wish I was your age again. Try the Bellagio Buffet on Friday for the gourmet dinner.
    The line will be long, so be early or enjoy the wait and conversation. Have fun and be good.:nworthy:

3. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You only schedule 1 day for this???? This alone could take up the entire trip. :thumbsup:

4. rbspartan

rbspartan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could use Friday to do more exploring of Vegas, and hold off on the zip-line until you are Downtown on Sunday with the Fremont St. Experience zipline, instead. As a matter of fact, you might enjoy Downtown on Saturday evening more, (live acts, better party atmosphere) and save the pool/relaxation time for Sunday.

However you work it, looks like you & GF are in for a really fun time, Enjoy!

5. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    envy

Restaurant.com certs are available for envy steakhouse-get a $100 one as prices are steep but food is fantastic. one portion of their parmesion fries is big enough for 4 people.enjoy- :wink2::beer::thumbsup:

6. Gchyld308

Gchyld308 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be there the 11th-14th with a similar itinerary.
    Friday night - wander the south strip and hopefully make it to Ellis Island
    Sat- Pool time and KA, rest of the night up for grabs
    Sun- Pool and then heading downtown for the night

7. mattMN10

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies!!!!

rbspartan -- We are actually doing a more substantial zip-lining tour through the canyons, which I'm really looking forward to... will make the fremont zipline out to be child's play :thumbsup:

We may end up going downtown Saturday night though, depending on what we feel like doing at the time.

Gchyld308 -- Cool that your trip is similar to ours! Ellis Island is going to be a must for me also.... I love that place for breakfast.

As for shows, I'm thinking about going to see Frankie Moreno @ The STRAT either Sat or Sun..... Sounds quite entertaining in a new theater and all.

Can't wait to get there!!! More and more excited each day :wink2::beer::wink2:

Buddies 4th of July Bash
  8. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll love the guys at Bootleg Canyon Flightlines! We did the Sunset Tour last August, and the afternoon tour last December. Fun times, super adrenaline rush!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. mattMN10

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm so looking forward to the Bootleg Canyon Flightlinez!! I'm glad to hear from someone that's had a good experience with them, makes me even more excited! I'm also jealous you're seeing seether in June!!

I might be making the trek to Chicago to see System of a Down in August :peace:

Buddies 4th of July Bash
  10. KellyLovesVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is no comparison between the desert ziplines and the short line at Fremont Street. The setup for the desert ziplines is fantastic! If you do the Sunset Tour you can see the Strip lights from the takeoff point for the second zipline. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. KellyLovesVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:

You may want to remind your girlfriend to bring something to tie back her hair (if long) - it gets very windy on the ziplines. Tight-fitting sunglasses are a great idea, too :)

They recommend wearing either sneakers or hiking boots. We wore our running shoes and did fine.

Re: System of a Down - that would be a great concert!

12. mattMN10

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rounded out our Vegas Itinerary by adding the show ABSINTHE on Saturday at 8.

Soooo...

Thurs- Open day
    Fri- Zipline, VIP club tour
    Sat- Nice dinner & Absinthe
    Sun- Fremont Street (Along with actually trying Absinthe for first time :beer:)
    Mon- Spa & ENVY steakhouse
    Tues- Bid farewell

Love the way the trip is shaping up!! I'll give a report when I get back!!

Buddies 4th of July Bash
  13. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a clubber, but I'm guessing it may be tough to get into four clubs on a Saturday night without line passes.

Make sure you get tickets to Absinthe before you get on the plane. You don't want to find it sold out.

I agree that Saturday may be better for Fremont St because of the live bands. You might look into switching Absinthe to Sunday.

If your flight is late on Tuesday, consider booking the Tuesday night also. It is nice to be able to sleep in on your last day, do any last souvenir shopping, and relax. It may be worth the money.

14. mattMN10

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply!
    In regards to the club, we kept the VIP club crawl scheduled for Friday night and from what I understand, we are able to go front of the line at each club that night.
    I already purchased the tix for Absinthe and have them printed for Saturday (a relief to have them on hand).
    There should be enough entertainment downtown on Sunday to keep us busy and happy :beer:

We're both anxious to get to Vegas :drunk:

Buddies 4th of July Bash
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.