1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

should I up grade?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by snoopydogj, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snoopydogj

snoopydogj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got an offer to upgrade my room at the Flamingo from a comped Go Deluxe to a strip view Go Luxury for $20 is worth it?? How much nicer is the luxury room?

I have stayed in a Go Deluxe before an it was fine.

Advice please

Thanks

2. rei477s

rei477s Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always do I feel it's worth it.

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the only difference is the GO Luxury rooms come with a refrigerator and a view of The Strip. Otherwise furnishings, bed and bathroom are the same as the GO Deluxe rooms.

4. rebirth

rebirth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For $20, why not?

5. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that per night though?

6. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not true, that upgrade will be $20/night and it will be for a Strip view. You could book that online at time of reservation for cheaper. You are better off waiting until you get there and popping a $20 for a Strip view if you really want one.

Deluxe = view of Pool

Luxury = view of Strip

All GO rooms have a mini fridge, or at least they should.

Planet Hollywood sends out emails to upgrade to a strip view for $35/night. For that tiny little window, I cannot believe they get away with that..

7. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't pay the $20 a night for it. The problem being you have no guarantee if it is a south fountain view or a straight out strip view which faces Caesars & experiences a lot of night club noise.

If I wanted to upgrade I would take a chance on waiting till check-in & asking how much an upgrade with a SOUTH view would be on a higher floor. (I still won't pay $20 extra for a view but that is how I would do it if I were willing).

You do get the fridge in both & I don't spend enough time in the room to fork over $100 total extra to look at one fountain show out my window. The garden view can also be very peaceful. Only exception might be from construction noise right now but they do have regulated hours for that. So if you don't pay for upgrade, do ask for a 'quiet' room. Even the construction at 9 a.m. is probably quieter than the club noise at night lol.

Easter again..:
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.