1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria and the Success of the $20 trick...!!!

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by jumpoff, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jumpoff

jumpoff Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just Curious and would like any input from anyone who has had success at Aria with the $20 trick. Staying there this upcoming week and i'm wondering if I should try it or not or if I should up the price. I have done it several times at MGM and always had success.

Thanks for all inputs!!!!!

2. VegasRandy

VegasRandy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had no luck with the $20 trick at any MGM property for quite some time.

Good luck to you though.

:beer:

3. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Friend stayed there in November and was shot down. Was offered a paid upgrade to a Corner Suite and took it.

4. eldookae

eldookae Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My girlfriend and I are going in a couple weeks, wonder if a 50 would work instead of a 20. Would be nice to upgrade rooms for my first trip to vegas instead of a having a standard room.

5. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The good news about Aria is that even the standard rooms are far from standard. They are feature filled, large bathrooms, everything handled electronically.

6. Commodore69

Commodore69 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed there twice & tried the $20 trick both times, going for a Corner Suite. Both times they said they were sold out of Corner Suites - after proffering the twenty. I offered to pay for the upgrade outright, but they really were sold out (of course if I was a whale or celeb, probably would have had a different answer). I got the sense they really were sold out, as I called a couple of different times, asking different reps & got the same answer.

I've found the extra 20 is well worth it for the location of the room upgrade, if nothing else. Both attempts, the clerk obviously went into search mode & really made an effort to upgrade my initial room. Last time, my default was a 9th floor room & after some efforts - about 5 min. of searching & scrambling around - got me a 50th floor city view.

My bottom line personally is - it's Vegas - it's vacation - WTF difference does a $20 make. Offer it up & see what happens - these people know the score. A $50+ isn't going to make a better room appear.

Also - try the $20 the night before check out for a Late Check Out time - it has worked for me!

7. StudiodeKadent

StudiodeKadent Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've tried the $20 trick twice, during September (when Vegas is quieter than usual). It's never worked at Aria.

That said, the rooms are great so it isn't a huge loss if the trick doesn't work.

8. eldookae

eldookae Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in yesterday at the aria, 20 dollar trick worked, got a room on the 25th floor with a nice view.

9. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have nothing to lose. If the person at check-in can't do anything, he/she will hand you your money back.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.