1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Looks like the Flamingo Deluxe rooms are no longer...

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by wishman35, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just like the Capri rooms at IP - Deluxe rooms are all coming up as sold out or gone.

Looks like they have phased them all out and are finishing up switching them all to FAB rooms.

I hope they bring FAB rooms down to Deluxe pricing and drop GO room pricing due to this.

I just hope I never have to see another picture of a Deluxe room where they use the random blue foot cover at the foot of the bed. I get queasy looking at those.. Yuck

[​IMG]

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think something is going on with the Flamingo reservation site, it is now showing the entire month of Sept is booked/sold out. Last night everything was available.

3. pbrehob

pbrehob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never stayed at the Flamingo but made a reservation there for late June. I reserved a Deluxe room for four nights. I had read that the Deluxe would all be upgraded to Fab by May/2012. I hope that is the case. I will ask for Fab (or higher) regardless but I would hate to get stuck in the last Deluxe when I could've paid an extra $2 a night and reserved a Fab.

I actually am going to go ahead and ask for a Go with Strip View. Doubt it will work but no harm trying.

4. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The site works for me. The "Deluxe" class is listed as sold out (as wishman noted), but other types are available.

5. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It just means they will no longer offer the Deluxe rooms, it will only be FAB or higher from this point.

6. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting. Glad I already have it booked.

On another note, looking at the all vegas calendar, all my comp nights have disappeared today. Just got my CET player summary last night with the free TR points from the Escape to TR contest ... wondering if it triggered a 'trip' with zero play in their calculation.

7. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All the Deluxe rooms will eventually become FAB. The prices will stay higher. The point of the renovation was to get a higher price for their rooms.

8. The Scotsman

The Scotsman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have booked 3 Deluxe rooms in September Wed to Mon.

Cost was £220 (approx $335) per room all in.

Was happy with that, but if their upgrading the room then even better.

9. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a bit ago, my calendar told me that ALL rooms are sold out the week in July we are going (starting the 8th). I wondered what that was about..... Must be a glitch today.

10. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Deluxe is coming up for me 7-19 to 7-24 but it is listed below with the handicapped area. And it is not displaying as sold out for me on the week of 7/8 onward. However I am actually 'booking' thru that method vs. viewing the calendar.

So either they have it fixed or just some are quirky?

And when I go out to mid-September Deluxe is also available on the regular booking process but again listed lower down by handicap rooms.

11. Rogue Devlin

Rogue Devlin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last week I booked july 15 wth no problems on the website, and have been checking regularly, because I'm a bit obsessive to make sure I got the best deal I could. (so far it seems I did: $396 for 5 nights GO Luxury w/view)

12. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET's site is notoriously funky.

I think this is just one of those times.

Today I'm getting Deluxe offered but it's down with the handicapped rooms. Yesterday I was paying $250 for four nights in August and now it's all comped. Including Saturday!

13. elika42

elika42 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does this mean the Deluxe rooms I booked for December are going to be upgraded to FAB rooms? I know it is mostly just semantics, but what are the real differences between the old Deluxe rooms and the renovated FAB rooms? Maybe it is to ease the inconvenience of Linq construction next door.

14. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyone better take a look again .. Deluxe is defaulted to, but if you look I am seeing that not only are the FAB rooms the same price as Deluxe, BUT they also dropped the GO upgrade under $20.

So much for the prices staying higher ;)

15. Melissah07

Melissah07 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I saw this I decided to do a little research for our reservation in August. We were booked for 5 nights in a Fab Deluxe room at $382. I just upgraded us to a Go Luxury for $440! Super happy! I know the Go Luxury was over $700 when we booked it. I'm wondering if the construction is affecting their business, in turn affecting their rates. Whatever it is, better deal for us!

16. sarmcl

sarmcl Low-Roller

What happened to my Flamingo?

Whoops meant to post as its own post.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.