1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I am addicted to Vegas!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LucyR., Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It has only been two weeks since I returned from Vegas. I am feeling really depressed that I am not in Vegas this past week. I have been trying to cheer myself up until I go back to Vegas on May 9th.

It is really a strange feeling since I live in a very nice condo and have great neighbors. My city is beautiful with lots of trees. I enjoy working in the Garden and have been shopping for new things for my condo and still I feel
    unhappy. I guess I am like a junky who is having withdrawal sp symtoms.

I am a senior who loves the city of Vegas but none of my relatives are interested in going to Vegas. I offer to pay for them but they are too busy with their lives to go with me. I really don't need them to go with me to
    Vegas since I do know how to have a great time by myself.

I guess I must miss the Vegas life-style of staying in hotels, eating out, attending Karaoke and dancing at happy hour bars.
    Maybe I need to hang out at some fun nightclub where I can dance and watch people dance and also find a karaoke place in my city.

Do you all also get depressed and miss Vegas? How do you cheer yourselves up?

2. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here.
    Its amazing if you offered to fly them any other place they would drop everything and jump at the chance, but not Vegas. It is a shame they are so closed minded and think all there is to do is gamble. Image if they would open their eyes and see how much more Vegas as to offer it would turn into a nice family vacation.

3. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plan another trip!

4. Las Vegas Asia

Las Vegas Asia MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love Vegas

I love Las Vegas too! Sunshine capital!

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was the exact same way when I got back from Hawai'i last week. So I started planning a summertime return! You just need to the same!!

6. maximus56k

maximus56k Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is so ironic! I am in the same boat but even my wife could care less about Vegas. Bunch a lame butts.

7. ILoveDonuts

ILoveDonuts Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I Love LV!

8. DMSCR

DMSCR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I get somewhat depressed the last day of my trip. Then a week or two later after the trip I get the itch again. Then I head to my Kayak.com app to look for cheap airline tickets. Once I find it I book it quick. Plus now I get comped at a Caesar's establishment I am even more inclined to head out there.

Vegas is the only destination that pays for itself when I win. Plus it is a trip I can take myself alone.

9. rob889

rob889 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm right here waiting patiently for whoever wants to fly me out to Vegas :beer:

10. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well Lucy,
    You are kind of preaching to the choir! While you can always have fun getting away from home and the routines of daily life there, LV is special. It offers so much to so many. When I tell people that I have gone to LV 18 times, they assume that I am loaded, drink a lot or am addicted to gambling. None are correct.

I am on the east coast and really not into traveling, touring etc. There are few places that you can enjoy an extended vacation for so little cash as LV., especially considering the cost of a flight. Frankly, I was mostly into the slots but honestly have not even had the urge since they all but did away with coin in/coin out slots. For me that was the draw. While I do enjoy a drink once in awhile, I really don't care if it is a glass of wine, rum and coke or ice tea! However, if I decide I want any of those, they are all there, also cultural exhibits, production shows, headliners and all the big city offerings far more convenient and often less expensive than most other cities?

There are day trips, museums, shopping,.....well, you all know. Just so much and so many choices, every day or night.

I got there for a trade show but have made non business trips as well and as soon as I leave, like everyone, I want to go back. The funny thing is that I would never want to live there. So, like others, as soon as I get back, I start planning for the next trip, even it is a year away. Isn't that why we are here? We talk about LV, we learn about LV, aabout new hotels, new bus routes, new restaurants, closings, etc. We compare prices, research hotel and flight prices etc. It makes the time go by and I always have a folder full of notes abaout things I learned here to check out and possible see or visit on the next trip.....whether that is in a month or a year. Planning not only is fun and helps pass the time between visits but affords the most fun in the short time that we have there to experience what the city has to offer. Is there a LV Anonomous?

Jimbo338

11. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas

Hi Jimbo, I have decided the only way to get out of my depression is to early in the morning just pack my dog and go shopping for things I need at home.
    I did that this morning and it helped.

Another thing I can do is to just go to Vegas on Spur of the Moment. I have lots of free Southwest reward points that I can use. I also have the free time since I am retired. Hotels are very affordable if I plan it at the right days and dates. I can't eat much in one sitting so planning a dinner at a fancy restaurant is not for me. I can only eat half a meal so food can be real cheap for me in Vegas.

I don't want to move to Vegas because I know that once I am there I will
    just stay home instead of having fun on the strip.

It's just 8 more days before I will be in Vegas soon. Lucy

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.