1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Taxi Fare from MGM to Fremont?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Vegabound, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegabound

Vegabound Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What should we expect?.. Not really a fan of the long bus trip...

2. y2mulder

y2mulder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot. Have you taken the Ace "Express" yet?

3. Vegabound

Vegabound Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No.. what will "Aces" go for?

4. y2mulder

y2mulder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have a new route on the strip called the Ace express. Makes about 1/4th the stops, and you get downtown much faster. Need to buy your ticket at the terminal on the street, as no one checks them on the bus.

Plenty of info on these threads. Same cost as the Deuce.

5. luvnvegas2

luvnvegas2 Guest

I took it once from Fremont to MGM...that puppy flies!

6. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Taxi from MGM to Fremont Street will run around $20-25 with average traffic.

7. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WAX from airport to Tropicana and on to downtown in less than 30 minutes for $2.00.

8. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From MGM, take the WAX (Westcliff Airport Express).

Otherwise, take the SDX (Strip and Dowtown Express).

For bus schedules and info, check out the Regional Transit Commission.

http://www.rtcsnv.com/transit/route/

9. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This seems low to me. $25+ tip is what I would expect. Not that much of a difference, but I have never gone from that end of the strip to downtown for $20 including tip.

10. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah it really depends on traffic... I've gone from NYNY to Downtown where its $16-18 and then a day or two later the same route and its $23-25

11. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took a cab from Gold Spike to Airport because of a real early flight, clear sailing and via Paradise and it was about $24 plus tip; this was in March 2012.

Jimbo338

12. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best thing to do is walk as far as you like and then get a cab....stay on the MGM side of the strip....if you can walk to Harrah's or even further to the Wynn you will save about $10.

13. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As others have said, it all depends on time of day, traffic, etc. DO NOT take the cab on the strip at night!! Traffic is slow and horrendous. Cabbies love to take the strip, because of the slow traffic they can add on $10 or a lot more just waiting for the light to change and the cars to go. There are other streets to take, Koval lane and paradise road on the east, industrial road on the west. If you catch the cab at the MGM you could always ask the cabbie to take you down paradise road to downtown. Either that or you could take tropicana and get on the freeway to get downtown. Depending on traffic both options are much better to take than going up the strip.

A few years ago when I didn't know any better I wanted to get to The STRAT from near the MGM. The cabbie took the strip (in the evening!). I told him to take the side road but he insisted that the traffic was worse because of construction. I was totally pissed, by the time I got to the strat my bill was over $30!!! I got out of the cab and tossed him the exact amount. The cabbie yelled and winked about a tip. I shouted back to him "stop f*n ripping off the customers!!" and continued walking. After that I never forgot it and made sure I never cabbed the strip unless it was a short distance or when there wasn't any traffic around.

Prices will definitely vary depending on traffic and time of day.

14. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha....why not just walk all the way downtown then??:evillaugh

If you are concerned with the cost, take the bus from the get-go. If not, take a cab. It's approx $25. I would not advise walking all the way to the Wynn (which would take you 90 minutes), and then getting a cab.

15. Willy

Willy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A 90 minute walk? Wow I hope that includes numerous refreshment stops along the way. Haha.

16. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess all the way to the Wynn is a hike, depending on how well you can walk...we have done it a few times....and then walked back to MGM....

Just a couple of weeks ago we walked from the IP to Wynn and the fair was $14.50 taking the strip.....on the way back we were long hauled and the cab fare was a bit over $25.....I ended up giving the crook $20.00

If you want to walk the strip and see other establishments, then walking on the east side of the strip towards downtown makes sense as there are MANY hotels that you can jump into a cab when your feet will no longer head north.

17. Vegabound

Vegabound Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! Vegas is all about walking... I remember the day my buddy and I walked from MBay to the Strat!...lotsa water and a few beers along the way.. This time I'll have my GF with me... can't see that happening but I would think we can make it a good part of the way.

18. pompous

pompous Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, I could take the WAX from the airport to trop (close enough to MGM Grand) for $2 and 10 minutes? This seems great.

19. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fuck that noise, take the WAX from outside NYNY for two bucks a ride. It's up the freeway, like 22 minutes.

20. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It would drop you at NYNY. That's the west/northbound stop.

The south/east bound stop from downtown to the airport is at Tropicana.

I fucking love the $2 WAX job.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.